Amazon Corporate LLC Solutions Architecture Manager, Healthcare in Billings, Montana
This position can reside in the Western contiguous US
(AR, CA, CO, ID, IA, KS, LA, MN, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NM, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WY)
Do you have a passion for Healthcare? Are you excited about helping not-for-profit (NPO) healthcare providers implement innovative cloud computing solutions and solve technical problems to enhance the experience of patients and clinicians? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping these groups understand application architectures and integration approaches, and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Above all, do you want to lead a dynamic team of Solutions Architects bringing the latest cutting-edge cloud computing technologies to bear on the difficult cost and agility problems facing healthcare customers and the community of ISVs, systems integrators, and resellers that support them? Do you want to be a key part of an innovative business development and sales team helping to establish Amazon Web Services (AWS) as the leading cloud technology platform in the public sector market worldwide?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated, technically deep Manager, Solutions Architecture to manage a team of Solutions Architects (SAs) supporting a sales and business development team that serves NPOs in the US. You will be a hands-on leader, who leads by example. Your experience in building and managing high-performance teams will help accelerate our growing business. This is an excellent opportunity to join AWS's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers, while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and disruptive technology companies in the world today.
As a Manager, Solutions Architecture serving healthcare customers within the AWS Worldwide Public Sector, you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to a new business unit to help customers migrate and build workloads on our platform. You will be part of the global Solutions Architecture leadership team with responsibilities that include: supporting other public sector teams through hiring, developing, and managing a team of technical SAs and by promoting AWS as the best place to run these workloads.
To achieve those goals you will build on your broad technical background in security, networking, operating systems, and application architecture to develop expertise in AWS technologies, You will also develop a deep understanding of how applications and services are best built and operated on the AWS platform. You bring a rich understanding of IT security and compliance. Your technical strengths will help you lead and mentor your team of highly talented SAs by helping them set and surpass their own goals and develop their talents and careers. This is a hands-on, detail-oriented, "roll-up your sleeves" environment and requires a passion for innovation, ability to deal with ambiguity as well as an ability to scale and influence broadly.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about the following:
* Helping our customers to design and create cloud computing architectures
* Our company credo: "Work hard. Have fun. Make history." It's critical to love what you do and take pride in your value proposition to our customers.
* Deep-dive technical discussions around design and an intellectual curiosity to always keep your technical skills current while maintaining a pulse on industry trends.
* Lead solutions architecture teams in driving revenue and market share for AWS through technical engagements
* Build and develop a robust team of Solutions Architects
* Work with internal and external partners and OEMs to extend reach & drive adoption of AWS solutions
* Ensure customer satisfaction
* Ability to travel up to 30 percent
* 7+ of enterprise IT application experience as a solutions architect, software or system engineer, or technical consultant with at least 3 years managing a technical team of solution architects, sales engineers or similar technical roles
* 2+ years of hands-on software development, DevOps engineering, systems administration, Network Administration, IT Security, Systems Architecture or other technical discipline
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
* 2+ years' working with public sector accounts
* Demonstrated knowledge of cloud computing in either AWS, Azure or Google cloud
* Prior experience in the Healthcare industry.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.