Henningson, Durham & Richardson, PC Strategic Communications/Public Involvement Specialist in Billings, Montana
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. Watch Our Story:We believe that the way we work can add meaning and value to the world. That ideas inspire positive change. That coloring outside the lines can illuminate fresh perspectives. And that small details yield important realizations. Above all, we believe that collaboration is the best way forward.
In the role of Strategic Communications/Public Involvement Specialist, we'll count on you to:
- Assist with the development and implementation of communications plans (target audience strategy, media relations and tracking, collateral material, comment response programs, overall activity schedule, information lines, contact databases, and activity reporting)
- Plan events for public meetings, hearings, open houses, focus groups, workshops, advisory committees, and other stakeholder meetings
- Develop public notices and press releases media monitoring/tracking for project documentation produce media wrap-up reports for project-specific coverage including television, print or radio hits
- Manage comment database including distribution list, logging sign-in sheets, comment coding, comment response and reporting
- Research industry trends, stakeholders, regulatory requirements, etc, for client projects
- Manage web-based project management tools (Adobe, SharePoint, Staging Sites, Contact Logs, etc)
- Assist in development of project-specific outreach tools, including websites, databases, e-newsletters and schedules, web-based social media
- Document outreach activities including activity tracking and reporting
- Assist with stakeholder coordination and conflict resolution (in-person visits, phone calls, email)
- Collaborate and help set overall strategy, vision and direction with project teams
- Perform other duties as needed
- Associate degree in a closely related field, or combination of education and relevant experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Flexibility and strong time management
- Willingness to travel
- Service- and client-oriented personality with the ability to handle multiple assignments at a time and meet set deadlines
- Self-starter who can work well independently or in a team environment
- Experience using social networking/social media programs
- Attention to detail
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Bachelor's degree preferred
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
HDR provides a comprehensive benefits package that promotes employee ownership, employee health, performance, and success, which includes medical, dental, vision, short and long-term disability, life insurance, an employee assistance program, paid time off, parental leave, paid holidays, 401(k) retirement savings plan with employer match, employee referral bonus and tuition reimbursement. The expected compensation range for this position is $21.50- $31.50 hourly depending upon skills, experience, education and geographical location. (Stated benefits are for full-time regular positions. Temporary and part-time roles are eligible for limited benefits.)
At HDR, we are committed to the principles of employment equity.
USA: We are a Federal Contractor, Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider all qualified candidates regardless of minority, veteran, disability, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or any other status protected by law.
CANADA: We welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
AUSTRALIA: We consider all qualified candidates regardless of gender, ethnicity, country of birth, political or religious affiliation, health status, or any other status protected by law.
At HDR, health and safety matters.
For some positions, you may be required to provide drug and alcohol testing, before or during employment, based on our Drug Testing and Drug Free Workplace Policy.
If you are required to drive for us, we require a valid driver's license and compliance with our vehicle policy.