Billings Clinic Transfer and Referral Center RN Navigator in Billings, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital. Learn more about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package
to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more. Click here for more information or download the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide.
Magnet: Commitment to Nursi
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet�-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here to learn more!
Transfer and Re
ferral Center RN Navigator
PATIENT FLOW CENTER (Billings Clinic Main Campus)
Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Schedule: Varied. 12 hour shifts
Hours per Pay Period:
0.01 = per diem
Starting Wage DOE:
$28.50 - $36.34
This position may be eligible for a sign-on incentive
pan style="font-family: Arial;">
Responsible for the flow process involved in, answer phone calls, facilitating acceptance and triage of phone calls though the transfer center. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Essential Job Functions
• Consistently uses protocols to medically triage patients to the appropriate level of care. Consideration is given to the appropriateness of education and patient care recommendations based on the age of the patient.
• Navigates/facilitates external requests for patient transfers, consults and appointments
• Coordinates transmission of appropriate clinical and non-clinical data to facilitate needed services and/or required pre-authorizations
• Schedules appointments in a manner that me
ets the patient’s needs. Offers alternatives when appropriate to accommodate the patient.
• Documents complete and accurate information in EMR.
• Communicates with multiple departments, regional facilities and a
gencies in order to ensure quality care to patients, including but not limited to communications related to facility capabilities, bed availability and assignment, urgent patient-care needs, patient transportation, report to receiving unit, insurance pre-authorization for transfer/admission, providing feedback to multiple customers, obtaining clinic appointments for patients, ensuring transfer of documents and medical records between facilities\
tyle="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; outline: none; box-sizing: border-box; color: rgb(50, 58, 69); font-size: 14px; background-color: rgb(243, 244, 246);">• Identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate action. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency environmental, employee or patient safety standards relevant to job performance.
• Takes responsibility for identification of own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements. Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient/resident care. Incorporates the 14 forces of Magnetism in transforming the work environments and for enhancing quality of nursing care.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Please enter the individual bullet points here
• Graduate of accredited program of nursing; BSN preferred or specific community health focused nursing education.
Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this position must commit to completing their Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years after their hire date. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance.
• Five (5) years general nursing experience
• Recent acute care experience preferred
• Previous Call Center/Transfer Center experience preferred
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Registered Nurse licensure in the state of Montana
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more at www.billingsclinic.com/aboutus
Billings Clinic is committed to being an inclusive and
welcoming employer, that strives to be kind, safe, and courageous in all we do.
As an equal opportunity employer, our policies and processes are designed to
achieve fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. All
employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects
of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, religion, sex,
gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, pregnancy and family
status, national origin, spoken language, neurodiversity, age, and/or disability.
To ensure we provide an accessible candidate experience for prospective
employees, please let us know if you need any accommodations during the