Rocky Boy Health Center Behavioral Health Secretary in Box Elder, Montana
POSITION: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH SECETARY/PATIENT REGISTRATION CLERK DEPARTMENT: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH
SUPERVISOR: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH DIRECTOR/PSYCHOLOGIST SALARY: CLERICAL SCALE
HS/GED STARTS AT $15.00
CERT STARTS AT $16.00
AS STARTS AT $17.00
CLASSIFICATION: REGULAR, FULL-TIME
OPENING DATE: MAY 11, 2022 CLOSING DATE: MAY 25, 2022
The Behavioral Health team at Rocky Boy Health Center is dedicated to the emotional and spiritual health of our community through services delivered with respect and compassion. As a member of the Behavioral Health team, the Behavioral Health Secretary plays a integral support role in patient care coordination, customer service, and front office management. Teamwork and collaboration are key components of the care provided by the Behavioral Health team, and the Behavioral Health secretary works closely with the providers and other clinic staff to offer quality, holistic care to our relatives.
• Greets clients as they come into the Behavioral Health Department by checking them in and out, updating their registration, answering questions regarding Behavioral Health services, and gathering feedback via patient satisfaction surveys.
• Must be knowledgeable of and able to provide information about patient rights, HIPAA and privacy, and Behavioral Health Department policies and procedures.
• Contribute to the wellness and effectiveness of the Behavioral Health team through positive communication, ownership, and offering one’s support, strengths and perspectives in a respectful and meaningful way.
• Uphold ethical principles and obligations and act in accordance with relevant laws, regulations, rules, and policies governing health service provision at the federal, regional, state, local, tribal, and organizational levels.
• Manages schedules and caseloads for behavioral health providers and provides daily phone call reminders for patient appointments.
• Supports the BH Case Manager/Patient Navigator in scheduling telepsychiatry appointments and gaining consent forms from patients.
• Navigates phone calls from external agencies regarding services and helps behavioral health providers coordinate care, which may include crisis response triage and coordination with other RBHC departments.
• Supports director in through front office management activities which may include: preparation of reports and marketing materials, reviewing employee attendance records, organizing and managing quarterly peer reviews, and maintaining meeting minutes.
• Identifies needs in the front office management processes and offers creative ways to improve workflow and patient care.
• Supports budget management through the requisition of supplies, medical equipment, purchase order and check order requests, and invoice payments.
• Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Associate’s Degree in Secretarial Science, Office Management or related field
• Two (2) years of related experience.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Secretarial Science, Office Management, Computer Science, or Information Systems
• Five (5) years of related experience.
CONTINUED ON NEXT PAGE
OTHER SELECTION CRITERIA:
• Priority for selections of applications for employment is as follows: Qualified, honorably discharged (DD-214 required) veterans; Qualified enrolled members of the Chippewa Cree Tribe; Other Qualified Indians; Qualified Non-Indians.
• Subject to drug testing.
• Valid Montana Driver’s License is required for all RBHC positions. • If terminated from any positions within the Chippewa Cree Tribe for violations of the Drug and Alcohol Ordinance I-99, must have completed requirements of the ordinance.
• Only those applications properly completed and received on or before the closing date at 4:00 PM will be considered for the position advertised.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
ON A SEPARATE SHEET OF PAPER DISCUSS HOW YOU PERFORM OR HAVE POTENTIAL TO DEVELOP THE KNOWLEDGE, SKILL, OR ABILITY LISTED BELOW.
FAILURE TO SUBMIT WRITTEN RESPONSES AS PART OF YOUR APPLICATION MAY RESULT IN AN INELIGIBLE RATING OR SUBSTANTIALLY LOWER SCORE.
1. Knowledge of general office management procedures (scheduling, navigating phone calls, registration processes)
2. Ability to engage with those who are seeking behavioral health support with respect and compassion
3. Ability to work well with others and be a member of an effective team.
4. Knowledge and appreciation of American Indian culture.
APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT THE FOLLOWING ITEMS:
FAILURE TO SUBMIT ALL APPLICABLE APPLICATION MATERIALS WILL RESULT IN YOUR APPLICATION PACKAGE NOT BEING CONSIDERED.
ROCKY BOY HEALTH CENTER HUMAN RESOURCES IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ENSURING APPLICATION PACKAGE IS COMPLETE.
• Rocky Boy Health Center Employment Application
• Resume or Curriculum Vitae
• Letter of interest/Cover letter
ALL EMPLOYMENT OFFERS ARE CONTINGENT UPON SUCCESSFUL COMPLETION OF A BACKGROUND CHECK AND PRE-EMPLOYMENT DRUG TEST.
SUCCESSFUL APPLICANTS ARE SUBJECT TO A 60-DAY PROBATIONARY PERIOD.