Zoot Enterprise, Inc. Assistant Director of Zoot Adventure Learning Academy in Bozeman, Montana
Zoot Adventure Learning Academy is now accepting applications for a full time Assistant Director. The Assistant Director of Zoot Adventure Learning Academy Teacher is responsible for collaborating with the Director to plan, create, and implement a program that fulfills children’s educational, developmental, cognitive, emotional and social needs. Additionally, the Assistant Director is responsible for assisting the Director in the successful implementation and adherence of policies, procedures, and daily operational requirements of ZALA and will assist in the supervision of staff and daily operational requirements in the absence of the Director.
Zoot Adventure Learning Academy (ZALA) is a company based child care center in Bozeman, Montana passionate about offering an environment where families thrive. Serving infants, toddlers, and preschoolers, ZALA believes in an innovative, play-based approach. Promoting a healthy family bond is the heart of ZALA’s mission and employees will find a unique partnership with the Centers’ families. We’re seeking individuals to ignite child-centered learning experiences in a safe, nurturing, and responsive environment.
Through our play-based approach, ZALA emphasizes self-worth, capability, problem solving, and school readiness. We work hard to assist children in developing the social emotional skills needed to work and play cooperatively. Our goal is to help every child realize their greatest potential. We encourage children to be self-directed in our safe, trusting, and responsive environment. Before children can master formal academic skills in a meaningful way, they must have a solid understanding of how the physical world works. In order to build that understanding, children need to see, touch, smell, hear, taste, and experience the world by direct interactions and experiences!
This positions is scheduled Monday - Friday for 40 - 45 hours per week.
Essential Job Functions
- Assist the Director in the successful operation of an early childhood development center for infant through pre-school aged children
In the absence of the Director, assist in the supervisor and ongoing training of the staff.
- Grow a professional learning community that instills a deep understanding of and commitment to an innovative and progressive program philosophy and classroom practices.
- Ensure all classrooms provide stimulating environments, predictable yet flexible schedules and routines, and an age appropriate curriculum that inspires child initiated play, individualized learning and family engagement.
- Assist the Director in the implementation of meaningful program-wide policies and effectively communicate with parents and staff to strengthen partnerships between home and school.
- Ensure that the center and staff conform to federal, state, and local rules, regulations, and licensing requirements.
- Alert Director to any problems encountered by staff & make suggestions to policies or procedures to ensure effective operation of program.
- Ensure the successful utilization of technology to create effective administrative processes for routine recordkeeping and on-going communications.
- Provide mentorship through leadership in the classroom, via hands on teaching activities
- Overall participation in all functions of the child development center where needed.
- Other duties as assigned - it is understood that this list of major duties and responsibilities is not an inclusive list and that other duties and responsibilities, which may include helping others in the same or different departments, may be assigned by supervisio
Education, Training, and Experience
- Three years’ leadership experience in an early childhood program such as a day care center, a family or group day care home, Headstart, Early Headstart, or another recognized preschool program and 32 hours of ECP approved training OR
Level 2 or higher on MT Practitioner Registry.
- Bachelor or Associate Degree in Early Childhood Education or a related field preferred.
- Have sufficient language skills to communicate with children and adults.
- Provide current record of the following immunizations:
Tetanus (within the past 10 years)
Obtain Infant/Child/Adult CPR, First Aid,
and AED Certifications within 30 days of hire.
- Ability to successfully pass state regulated background screening including criminal record, Child & Adult Protective Services, FBI fingerprinting, motor vehicle records, and sign a health attestation.
- Willing to complete 16 hours of annual, approved training.
- Valid Driver License with clean driving record.
- Receive all certifications and licenses required to operate a day/child care center in the state of Montana within six months
- Knowledge of all applicable licensing regulations.
- Knowledge of community based resources, agencies, to support children and families
- All positions at ZALA require the ability to move about inside a classroom environment which includes the operation of computers and other office productivity machinery in addition to standard classroom materials, frequent written and verbal communications and interactions with children, parents, caregivers, other employees, clients, vendors, and visitors, and time spent outdoors.
- This position specifically requires the ability to bend, stoop, and kneel, walking, standing, sit on the floor, and lifting up to 40lbs and participating in all variety of physical activities that take place in a child care setting.
- Medical, Vision, Dental Insurance, & Life Insurance
- MDLive (Teledoc Services)
- Paid Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Paid Vacation, Sick Leave, & Holidays
- 401(K) with Company Match
- On-Site Cafeteria
- On-Site Fitness Gym & Private Disc Golf Course
- Underground Parking
- Espresso & Snack Bar
- Fun, Friendly Work Environment
For consideration, all applicants must upload his or her current resume and a cover letter discussing the candidate's interest in the role during the online application process.
Additionally, all candidates must send three (3) letters for recommendation to email@example.com.
Zoot Adventure Learning Academy is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such, affirms the right of every person to participate in all aspects of employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information, or any other protected characteristic. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to apply for this posted position, contact our Human Resources Department via phone at 406-586-5050 or e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.