Bozeman Health CT TECH in Bozeman, Montana
- Provides health care services, CT to assist in diagnosis or treatment.
Performs CT procedures and related techniques,producing images for the interpretation by or at the request of a licensed practitioner.
- Graduate of Committee of Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA) accredited Radiology program or equivalent.
LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION
- Certification by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT)
State of Montana Radiological Science license.
- Certification in CPR
- 3 Years of CT Experience.
- 1 year post graduation experience with trauma Radiology
KNOWLEDGE OF, SKILLS IN, ABILITY TO, COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULY:
- Computers, for access and use of Hospital and Radiology information systems, and proper use of picture archiving and communication system.
Perform CT procedures in accordance with department standards
Radiation safety standards and principals.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills
Positive interpersonal relationships in dealing with coworkers, supervisors, and physicians.
Preparing patient for CT exam or procedure using established scripts to provide information and minimize anxiety.
Evaluating images for technical quality, assuring proper identification is recorded.
- Refer to policy manual for specific instructions/guidelines. Follow established policies and procedures.
Adhere to the standards of the job description and overall philosophy of Bozeman Deaconess Hospital.
Maintain flexibility to adapt to a variety of workload assignments
Ability to work long hours in stressful situations.
COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULTY:
- Work independently with a minimum fo Supervision
Provides patient education
90% Time Spent -
Performs CT exams and procedures as requested by the medical staff
Assists the Radiologist and other medical staff during exams and procedures.
Performs ancillary duties as required to maintain proper distribution, billing, and archival of exams and procedures.
Completes documentation, in designated area, of all information required for proper interpretation, reporting, archiving, and retrieval of exams.
5% Time Spent -
Retrieves and file exam jackets, written orders, and related health information to insure the timely performance and reporting of Radiological exams and procedures.
5% Time Spent -
Participates in the implementation, monitoring, and improvement of the hospital quality indicators as described in the strategic plan.
Additional - Stroke Competency:
Complies with hospital policies, procedures, protocols, and guidelines related to care for patients with hyper acute and acute stroke.
Completes required stroke competency check list or chart review annually.
Participates in one hour of stroke education annually.