Stockman Bank of Montana LOAN OFFICER in Bozeman, Montana
Our people, philosophy and the way we do business have positioned Stockman Bank as Montana’s premier financial center for business leaders, agriculture operators, commercial developers and real estate owners. We are a Montana-born company, built on western values, focused on creating long-standing relationships through integrity, expertise and results. Our offices are locally managed and community-oriented, allowing us to best serve our customers. Our workforce is well trained and competent and our work environment encourages productivity, personal growth and job satisfaction.
Position General Responsibilities:
This position will process and approve commercial and consumer loan requests. Inspection & verification of collateral and evaluation of operations through field inspections, as well as the development of new business by expanding existing relationships and calling on potential customers. Is responsible for cross selling of Bank products and will represent the Bank in community activities.
Education, Experience and Certification RequirementsNote: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management. Specific responsibilities and duties are listed in order of general descending priority However; priorities may shift on a day-to-day basis at the direction and discretion of management.
· Strong commitment to providing exceptional customer service.
· Bachelors degree in finance or related field
· Strong knowledge of analyzing credit requests, collateral analysis, proper structuring and pricing of loans and collections.
· Ability to work independently and as a team.
· Proven ability for business development.
· Willingness to work within the community on community projects
· Demonstrated ability to provide information in concise verbal and written formats.
Dimension of Job:
This position responsible for analyzing, processing and servicing existing and future commercial and consumer loans. This professional will work within the community to expand business relationships with existing customers and develop new business and consumer referral sources through a strong community involvement.
Position Specific Responsibilities, Duties and Competencies Note: Only minimum responsibilities are listed. Other responsibilities may be required as requested by management. Specific responsibilities and duties are listed in order of general descending priority However; priorities may shift on a day-to-day basis at the direction and discretion of management.
Commercial and Agriculture Loan Functions:
· Ability to analyze credit requests and make sound credit decisions in a timely manner.
· Detailed knowledge of commercial, ag, consumer, residential (secondary market), student loan and credit card loan programs. Adhere to Bank policies and procedures.
· Servicing of commercial, ag, consumer, residential and credit card customers.
· Collection of past due accounts; management of OREO, etc.
· Keep informed of SBA, FMHA, and MBOI loan programs.
· Ability to properly structure and price loan relationships.
· Jointly responsible with other officers to train all junior lenders and loan processors.
· Perform field and/or business inspections of existing and potential loan customers to verify the adequacy of collateral securing the credit, as well as to evaluate the general management and condition of the operation.
Consumer Loan Function
· Interview existing and prospective consumer loan customers.
· Prepare, present and recommend loans to existing and first time consumer customers.
· Keep informed of Banks consumer lending policies and recommend adjustments as needed to be competitive with other area financial institutions in the trade area.
· Perform field inspections of existing and potential customers to verify the adequacy of collateral securing the credit as well as to evaluate the general management and condition of the operation.
· Promote the improvement of Stockman Bank through quality customer service, promotion of products, professionalism in conduct and a diligent work ethic.
· Greet all customers pleasantly and make them feel welcome and comfortable.
· Handle transactions quickly and professionally.
· Effectively handle customer questions and problems.
· Generate profitable new business for the Bank (borrowing and depositor relationships).
· Expand business relationships with existing customers and develop new business referral sources within the community and in outlying areas.
· Participate in community events and organizations.
Non-Credit Product Functions:
· Cross-selling of other Bank products to existing and prospective customers including Stockman Investment Services, Crop Insurance, credit cards, deferred payment contracts and other fee income services.
· Maintain a working knowledge of Bank's written policies and procedures that apply to and concern this position’s area of responsibility, including general regulations such as the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and various other Federal and State regulations as they apply.
Physical and Mental Demands(The demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Occasionally = 0-33% Frequently = 34-66% Constantly = 67-100%
Constantly required to hear, write and read. The employee is constantly involved in social interactions which frequently require oral communications and frequently require written communications. Reasoning and judgment are constantly used/required on the job.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Frequently required to sit, talk, and reach with hands and arms, use hands to finger, handle or feel objects and keyboard. Frequently required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Frequently maintains attentiveness duration and attentiveness intensity. The employee frequently has co-worker support. Mathematics, memory, estimating and problem-solving are frequently used/required on the job.
Occasionally the employee must stand, walk and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Employee occasionally required to drive a vehicle. The employee occasionally performs routine tasks. The employee occasionally has both guidance and reinforcement available.
Infrequently required to climb or balance.
Work Environment(The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee will encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.)
Constantly works with others, around others, as well as with customers and the general public. The employee constantly works indoors and is constantly exposed to the risk of electrical shock.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Frequently the employee works extended hours and also frequently works around noise.
Occasionally the employee works alone.
Infrequently, the employee works outdoors or in confined areas.
Company Functions and Expectations:
Has the technical knowledge and analytical skills to fulfill job duties in a positive manner. Keeps abreast of new and changing developments in industry/field especially as it pertains to the individual’s position. Has the ability to analyze situation and react accordingly.
Expresses information/thoughts clearly and concisely in both written and verbal form. Keeps communication channels open with subordinates and supervisors. Responds promptly to calls or inquiries in a courteous and professional manner. Communication is effective and efficient
Establishes priorities, sets goals and meets deadlines in an accurate and efficient manner. Organizes overall workflow and working area. Quickly identifies problems, makes timely decisions and notifies affected personnel. Plans effectively to ensure timely completion of duties.
Is willing to assist others to ensure deadlines are met. Provides assistance to less experienced personnel when needed. Informs appropriate personnel of significant issues in a timely manner. Works well in group environment and with supervisor.
Models professionalism by addressing others with appropriate actions and appearance within professional boundaries.
Customer Service Culture
Employees will strive for outstanding, professional and courteous service to our customers and anyone who visits our facility