Bozeman Health OFFICE ASSISTANT in Bozeman, Montana
Clerical support for Case Management.
- Graduate of high school (or equivalent).
Proof of proficiency at the Intermediate level in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and business English.
LICENSURE and CERTIFICATION
- Medical Terminology, multi-tasking, experience of Access, NextGen, Word, and other Microsoft Software.
Ability to type quickly and accurately up to 100 WPM
KNOWLEDGE OF, SKILLS IN, ABILITY TO, COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULY:
- Personal computers, hardware and basic software programs including e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheets, medical terminology experience and understanding a must.
General office equipment including telephones, fax, and copy machines.
Rules of spelling, grammar, and punctuation, medical terminology.
HIPAA and confidentiality requirements of the position and the organization.
- Excellent communication both written and verbal with colleagues, customers, and manager.
Intermediate skill level in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Strong interpersonal skills, as well as, strong organizational skills and work ethic; collaboration as a team member
- Refer to policy manual for specific instructions / guidelines. Follow established Policies and Procedures.
Adhere to the standards of the job description and overall philosophy of Bozeman Deaconess Health Services.
Support and practice the “Commitments to a Culture of Excellence.” Work independently with a minimum of supervision. Maintain flexibility and reprioritize to adapt to a variety of workload assignments while paying close attention to detail. Demonstrate ability to multitask as the situation requires. Demonstrate a professional and respectful demeanor when responding to patients, customers and colleagues. Exhibit a collaborative approach with internal and external staff and customers; works as part of a team.
COMPLEXITY AND DIFFICULTY:
- Excellent working relationships with all levels of organizational staff and external customers. Work collaboratively with departmental staff.
Be a team player, but can work mostly independently with some direction from Manager.
50% Time Spent - Completes data entry of critical departmental data and maintains electronic reporting system.
20% Time Spent - Retrieval of specific reports and data requested by the department manager
20% Time Spent - Types and/or transcribes various correspondence, memos, reports, agendas, minutes, etc., and distributes appropriately including retrieval and distribution of faxes and mail
5% Time Spent - Distributes designated forms to patients along with providing explanation of content in order to obtain signatures.
5% Time Spent - ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Orders office supplies, coordinates office and equipment maintenance
Other duties as assigned by Manager