Oracle Oracle Database Administrator in Bozeman, Montana
Analyze, design develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for commercial or end user applications. Writes code, completes programming and performs testing and debugging of applications.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will analyze and integrate external customer specifications. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture. Build new products and development tools. Build and execute unit tests and unit test plans. Review integration and regression test plans created by QA. Communicate with QA and porting engineering to discuss major changes to functionality.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Affirmative Action-Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Oracle Database Administrator
Oracle’s Health Sciences Group is looking for a hands-on database administrator, preferably with experience in the life science/healthcare space, to enhance to join a growing team supporting Oracle’s Pandemic Response Services organization. The ideal candidate is a highly skilled individual, who can lead the design and development of operational and transactional data stores and data warehouse infrastructure that is scalable, highly performant, and able to handle diverse data sets. We are looking for a technical leader that is passionate about solving real world large scale business problems used by large health systems around the world. If you have experience designing and building large scale data warehouses and deep database administration expertise especially around secondary use of healthcare data and are excited about leveraging your experience to catapult Oracle Pandemic Response Services into hyper-growth, this job is for you.
· Provide architectural and hands on technical guidance to highly skilled engineers
· Develop design standards and guidelines, and mentor engineers on database best practices and performance tuning
· Design, model, and lead the building of secure transactional datastore.
· Enhance and modernize platform for Oracle Healthcare Management Systems and associated applications.
· Troubleshoot defects and provide recommended solutions to optimize existing application
· Re-architect legacy code into more efficient database-centric queries, designs, approaches
· Provide key input into build/buy/partner decisions for all components of the data infrastructure.
· Heavy collaboration with geographically dispersed development team providing technical leadership and designs.
· Collaborating with product management and acting as the bridge between product management, engineering teams, and customers to understand requirements and technical solutions
Skills and Experience:
· 10 years of experience in Oracle Database Administration and implementation
· Exposure to big data technologies
· Strong understanding of relational database and Data warehousing concepts.
· Strong understanding and experience in Oracle database indexing, optimizer, query and memory tuning and effective partitioning, analysis of AWR, ADDM, ASH, SQLTRPT, AWRRPT, TKPROF reports
· Hands on experience in Oracle performance optimizations, understanding explain plans, redo logs/checkpoint tuning, ability to work with global teams and help advice and code database performance enhancements.
· Experience in using Oracle database 12c multi-tenant features.
· Database design for cloud solutions (0 downtime DB upgrades, scaling databases)
· Strong understanding and experience in dimensional modeling, data analysis, OLTP, data warehouse and business intelligence solutions
· Strong implementation experience of logical and physical models in 3NF and star schemas
· Strong understanding of ExaCS is a significant plus
· Strong communication, team leadership and project management skill
· BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree
· Experience in the healthcare / life science industry is a big plus.
· Detailed Description and Job Requirements
· Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
· As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures.
· Define specifications for significant new projects and specify, design and develop software according to those specifications. You will perform professional
· Software development tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
· Provide leadership and expertise in the development of new products/services/processes, frequently operating at the leading edge of technology.
· Recommends and justifies major changes to existing products/services/processes.
· BS/MS in Computer Science or related degree
· Java knowledge a strong plus
Job: *Product Development
Title: Oracle Database Administrator
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 20000VU0