Food Services of America CDL A Delivery Truck Driver - Butte in Butte, Montana
Food Services of America
CDL A Delivery Truck Driver - Butte
Job ID: 2020-7130
Type: F T REG
# of Openings: 2
Food Services of America
Ready to build a career with a company that’s leading the foodservice industry?
Our delivery drivers start between
medical, dental, vision, employer paid pension, strong safety culture, and much more!
is one of the largest food distributors with a culture and history of promoting from within, excellent training programs and a continuous improvement focus.
- Safely drive trucks to customers and meet scheduled customer delivery times
- Carefully unload products from the trailer with a two-wheeler, pallet jack, or by hand and place in designated customer storage areas
- Verify accuracy of delivery with customers and obtain proper signatures
- Handle collections and payments from customers when applicable
- Professionally perform customer service responsibilities to enhance our client experience
- Ability to lift/carry/push/pull 20 to 80+ lbs. of product repetitively during each shift required
- Comfortable driving and working in inclement weather conditions with frequent stops (10+ per shift) required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have valid CDL Class A issued by the state of legal residence with necessary endorsements and DOT qualifications
- Minimum of six months commercial driving experience or three months commercial driving experience in the food and/or beverage delivery industry required
- Ability to operate manual transmission preferred
At US Foods, we’re committed to our mission of providing food products that keep operators ahead of customer demand and services that help them run their operations.
Great drivers are crucial to the US Foods® team and one of the important faces of our organization. On and off the road, our drivers strive for integrity and reliability, while building trusting relationships with customers.
At the foundation of those efforts are our cultural beliefs, the pillars that define our work ethic, collaborative spirit and service. Together we help our customers make it, but we also believe in helping our drivers make it!
We are committed to compensation and benefits that respect and reward our employees for their dedication and hard work.
US Foods is proud to have donated $10 million in food to help with COVID-19 relief efforts to help our local communities make it. Learn more .
US Foods is one of America’s great food companies and a leading foodservice distributor, partnering with approximately 300,000 restaurants and foodservice operators to help their businesses succeed. With 28,000 employees and more than 70 locations, US Foods provides its customers with a broad and innovative food offering and a comprehensive suite of e-commerce, technology and business solutions. US Foods is headquartered in Rosemont, Ill., and generates more than $28 billion in annual revenue. Visit to learn more.
US Foods, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
EEO is the Law poster is available .
EEO is the Law poster supplement is available .
Pay Transparency policy statement is available .
See if this job is for you! Here is a link to A Day In The Life of a US Foods Delivery Driver!
- Accurately, safely, and efficiently deliver merchandise using hand-trucks, ramps and/or lift gates to customers on a predetermined delivery route. May include delivering products up and down stairs and in all types of weather.
- Operate all working equipment safely and efficiently, including but not limited to hand truck, pallet jack, scanner and printer.
- Provide the highest level of service and product integrity for every customer by safe and timely delivery of customer orders.
- Deliver and stack merchandise on customer premises.
- Accurately record delivery by verifying delivery of items with customers and obtaining proper signatures at the time of delivery.
- Practice Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) guidelines to reduce risks for crashes, injuries and fatalities.
- Utilize onboard computer to appropriately record mileage, hours of service and maintain driver log to adhere to state and federal Department of Transportation (DOT) guidelines.
- Complete comprehensive pre-trip, en-route, and post-trip inspections and DVIRs.
- Maintain legal weight limits and distributions.
- Practice defensive driving skills and proper body mechanics to ensure safe driving and delivering practices.
- Safe driving record with a CDL Class-A License is required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Two years foodservice delivery experience preferred.
- Two years verifiable driving experience preferred.
- Ability to read/write/record data and perform simple mathematical calculations.
- Ability to work independently.
- Build and maintain trusted relationships with all customers by providing face-to-face service with each delivery.
- Ability to read, write, and communicate in English as it relates to the job and safety regulations is required.
- Ability to pass a background check and pre-employment drug screen is required.
- Frequent stand/walk during delivery activities.
- Frequent sitting throughout work shift.
- Frequent lifting and carrying of up to 50 lbs., occasionally up to 65 lbs., rarely up to 100 lbs., 3-4 feet from pallet to hand truck to off load area.
- Frequent push/pulling frequently up to 175 lbs., and occasionally up to 200 lbs. using both hands/arms, to transport loaded hand truck up/down curbs and stairs.
- Frequent steering and maneuvering gear controls and clutch to safely drive vehicle.
- In truck cab, trailer, or customer location 80% of the time, exposure to outdoors during delivery 20% of the time.
- Hazards include: moving vehicles, equipment, slippery surfaces, noise, exhaust fumes and exposure to various weather conditions during delivery activities.
EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status