Montana Technological University Lab Director/Instructor in Butte, Montana
• Instruct Microbiology and Anatomy and Physiology Labs working with faculty to maintain the rigor of courses as well as work to improve these labs
• Work with faculty to prepare and set up a variety of biology labs taught on campus
• Order and maintain equipment/supplies for labs
• Maintain a safe and organized lab space and work with the university’s Director of Health and Safety to ensure lab safety
• Maintain and provide microbial cultures for labs
• Hire, supervise, and schedule work study students and undergraduate and graduate teaching assistants
• Budget, file invoices, and keep records of lab materials and equipment
• Serve on thesis, departmental, and campus committees
• Promote science activities in the community such as participating in science fairs, campus tours, etc
• B.S. degree in biological sciences or closely related field,
• Relevant teaching experience at the high school or undergraduate level.
• Excellent organizational skills,
• Strong professional communication skills (written and verbal).
• M.S. degree in biological sciences or closely related field,
• Experience teaching anatomy and physiology labs,
• Experience teaching microbiology labs,
• Experience in preparing microbiology cultures and agar plates.
• Applicants should have the ability to work with microbial cultures, Bunsen burners, autoclaves.
• Should also have the ability to lift and carry up to 25lbs.