Stericycle, Inc. Non CDL Route Driver - Offering Growth Opportunities! in Butte, Montana
Would you like to kickstart your career? Maybe you’re rejoining the workforce or seeking a career change? Stericycle is hiring now! We, as an essential business, are on the front lines as supporting the healthcare industry during the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that, in addition to our generous benefits, our team members enjoy better job stability and opportunities for advancement. We’ve also updated our policies and training to ensure all of our team members can safely serve our customers. We protect what matters.
We are seeking a Non CDL Route Driver who will manage a route and will be responsible for servicing assigned LQ (Large Quantity) and SQ (Small Quantity) accounts in the most professional way, ensuring that customers' needs are met on a continual basis for various waste pickup and supply delivery. Provides the highest level of customer service possible at all times. Transports waste from either a Stericycle location or a customer location, to a transfer location or processing location.
This is a full-time, 1st shift position in Butte.
Key Job Activities:
1) Manages assigned routes ensuring customers’ waste is picked up in a timely and accurate manner.
• Picks up and transports waste safely according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations.
• Plans daily schedule based on customers’ needs by reviewing daily paperwork, e.g., manifest, route sheets, previous VCR, etc. provided by the Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher.
• Will possibly prepare and load trucks to service select accounts for the delay ensuring enough supplies are added.
• Picks up specified waste from each customer site scheduled for the day. Ensures customers have packaged and prepared the waste according to all federal, state, and local rules and regulations before transporting.
• Provides the highest level of customer service to assigned accounts on a daily basis, communicating any issues to the Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for resolution. This includes but is not limited to re-routes, adjustments in container sizes, training, etc.
• Ensures waste, supplies, and material handling equipment are secured prior to operating vehicle on public highway.
2) Ensures that assigned paperwork is completed legibly, neatly, accurately, and completely and returned to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for processing. Ensures DOT Driver Log is completed, if applicable.
3) Communicates with Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher regarding any change to route pickups, including address changes, customer not having waste ready for pickup, etc. Ensures that employee covering for specific route is aware of any situations outside the norm in order to provide the highest level of customer service. Reports any problems with accounts to Transportation Supervisor and/or Dispatcher before the close of business each day.
4) Performs pre-trip and post-trip maintenance on assigned truck prior to leaving or closing for the day. Reports any maintenance problems to Transportation Supervisor or Dispatcher for follow-up.
Required Education: in High School or Equivalent
The above description is meant to provide a summary of the nature and level of work being performed; it should not be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and requirements of the job or person. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise. Stericycle will consider requests for workplace accommodations for protected physical or mental limitations in accordance with its human resources policies and local laws.To the extent permissible under local law, and consistent with business necessity, Stericycle reserves the right to modify the content formally or informally, either verbally or in writing, at any time with or without advance notice.
It is the policy of Stericycle, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, to hire the best qualified people available without regard to race, creed, color, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, age, national origin or ancestry, religion, status with regard to public assistance, order of protection status, disability, or veteran status.