Weyerhaeuser Industrial Sales Associate in Columbia Falls, Montana
As an Industrial Sales Associate for Weyerhaeuser’s Panels business, you will join the team that manufactures and sells what our customers tell us is the highest quality fiberboard, OSB and Plywood in North America. You will be expected to gain knowledge and expertise in customer needs, products and production mix, analytical skills, technical manufacturing specs, and contract negotiations. As you develop these skills you will assist with the development of strategic goals across multiple product lines. This individual will interact daily with long-term customers and distributors and be able to walk out onto the manufacturing floor and interact with the people who make our specialty panel products.
You will collaborate with a team of sales professionals as well as be a part of a larger sales team representing other Weyerhaeuser products. You will be continually challenged to deepen your knowledge and expertise in areas such as customer product needs, product mix, and technical manufacturing specs. You will be challenged with opportunities to build upon your strengths, and to develop new skills and abilities that will promote your professional growth.
*As a Sales Associate you will have the opportunity to: *
- Works with more experienced team members to achieve sales revenue goals with maximized price and margin while developing sales skills for small region or specific customer base.
- Uses knowledge in customer service processes and tools to audit and ensure orders are received, priced accurately, entered, shipped and invoiced in a timely and accurate manner.
- Engages in day-to-day product/order mix discussions to optimize mill, shipping and inventory capabilities while managing variances. Supports team in customer inquiries regarding product, price, tech specs, applications, availability, mill capabilities, etc.
- Assist in management of field warehouse programs and plant inventory levels.
- Assist in analyzing overall panels business financials, opportunities, trends, product margins, and long-term strategic planning. Analyze and tactically monitor competitor activities and pricing.
- Monitor business and industry conditions, customer developments and competitive activities.
- Probe for and share marketplace developments with the team.
- The role is eligible to be based out of Columbia Falls, MT; Kalispell, MT; Seattle, WA or Hot Springs, AR. *This role is not eligible to be based out of other locations. *It will operate under our hybrid Flexible Work Policy, which requires employees to be in the office Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday but allows for remote work on Monday and Friday.
Ability to travel up to 30%
One to three years of experience in sales or customer service is required.
- Two years of experience specializing within Plywood, OSB or MDF sales is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrates the ability to work safely and effectively with others to accomplish group objectives.
- Solid communication skills (written and verbal), able to convert ideas and concerns clearly and persuasively
- Demonstrated ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships internally and externally
- Product and market knowledge, strongly prefered
- Shows ability to negotiate long and short-term business opportunities
- Demonstrated ability to learn and develop strength in sales skillset
- Utilize business productivity and analysis tools including MS Office, PowerBI, SAP.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, marketing or related discipline is strongly preferred - High school diploma or GED, required
About our Wood Products Business
We manufacture and sell an innovative collection of proven structural framing materials to the residential, multi-family and light commercial markets, and also provide seamless building solutions, from design to installation to support. This team moves fast, works smart and never stops pushing to be and stay number one in the industry.
For more than a century, Weyerhaeuser has grown and harvested trees to make innovative products that meet important human needs. We’re serious about safety, focused on performance and proud of what we do. In every corner of our company, you’ll find talented people who care about each other, the communities where we operate, and the planet we all share.
/Weyerhaeuser is an equal opportunity employer. Inclusion is one of our five core values, and we strive to maintain a culture where all our people feel a sense of belonging, opportunity and shared purpose. We are committed to recruiting a diverse workforce and supporting an equitable and inclusive environment that inspires people of all backgrounds to join, stay and thrive with our team.///
Job: *Customer Service, Design, Sales & Marketing
Title: *Industrial Sales Associate *
Location: MT-Columbia Falls
Requisition ID: 01020299
Other Locations: USA-AR-Hot Springs, USA-WA-Seattle