Smartlam, LLC Machine Operator in Columbia Falls, Montana
ARE YOU SEEKING FOR AN OPPORTUNITY TO GROW WITH A COMPANY? SMARTLAM NORTH AMERICA IS LOOKING FOR FUTURE TEAM LEADERS!
ARE YOU LOOKING TO LEARN A NEW TRADE OR DEVELOP YOUR SKILLS? SMARTLAM NORTH AMERICA IS WILLING TO TRAIN YOU IF YOU HAVE THE MOTIVATION TO SUCCEED!
YOUR WAGES ARE DETERMINED BY YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
SmartLam North America has been manufacturing premium Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) for a decade, doubling production capacity in 2019 with the acquisition of IB X-Lam in Alabama. The growth of the combined SmartLam North America ensured that we are prepared to capture market share in the fastest growth sector in engineered wood materials and to capitalize on the growing use of Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) as a replacement for steel and concrete in the residential and commercial building sectors.
Today, SmartLam North America is one of the largest capacity Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) in the United States, with state-of-the-art production facilities strategically located in Northwest Montana and Southern Alabama. These facilities both use brand new state of the art European specialized presses and CNC machines, producing custom prefab CLT panels to meet the growing North American market demand, and providing for the entire North American market.
Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) is a disruptive and innovative engineered wood product that offers cost and time savings, along with strength and stability benefits that are superior to steel, concrete and traditional wood products. In addition to the economic benefits, mass timber is the only building material that regenerates itself. Each building sequesters carbon, helping the environment in both its creation and the entire lifespan of the building itself too.
Machine Operator - Role Description
The Machine Operator will be responsible for performing various tasks to set up, operate, monitor, troubleshoot and perform preventive maintenance on assigned machines. The Machine Operator will also be responsible for inspecting parts to specifications and making adjustments, or tool changes as necessary to maintain quality specifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Set up and operates a production machine in accordance with established procedures and guidelines
• Perform necessary pre-operation activities to ensure proper equipment startup and operation on multiple pieces of equipment
• Adjusts machine settings to complete tasks accurately, according to specifications and in a timely fashion
• Operate tools in order to aid in the manufacturing process
• Reads and interprets blueprints and diagrams to select, position and secure machinery
• Operate/monitor multiple pieces of equipment during operation to ensure quality production and minimal unplanned stops
• Communicate with team members and support teams to ensure continuous production of the correct product at high quality levels with minimal wasted time and materials
• Troubleshoot issues and perform maintenance
• Perform quality control, follow reporting and recordkeeping procedures, and report problems to supervisor
• Comply with all safety and health regulations
• Clean machinery and maintain cleanliness in work area
• Cross train in other machine centers such as Sort Line, Finger Joint, Press, Finish, and CNC
• Overseeing training of new or Junior Machine Operators
Required Skills & Experience:
• High School Diploma or GED
• Previous machine operator experience in a manufacturing facility, or similar relevant experience
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-speed environment, follow standardized work and adhere to safe work practices in a continuous improvement environment
• Proficiency with hand tools
• Must be detail-oriented
• Knowledge of production and plant processes
• Ability to follow written and oral instructions
• Strong written and verbal communicator
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Willingness to work in shifts (late or early hours, weekends, and overtime if necessary)
• Well organized, creative problem solver
• Self-motivated and capable of operating with minimal supervision
• Reliable individual with an excellent time and attendance record
We look forward to hearing from you!