Billings Clinic Full-time CAH RN Hospital (Columbus) in columbus, Montana
Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, and theoretical/clinical skills in the promotion/maintenance of health. Incorporates evidence- based nursing practices consistent with national standards and which support quality outcomes. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care rendered.
Essential Job Functions
• Supports and models behaviors consistent with Billings Clinic's mission, vision, values, code of business conduct and service expectations. Meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements. Maintains competency in all organizational, departmental and outside agency standards as it relates to the environment, employee, patient safety or job performance.
• Utilizing a holistic approach and evidence based nursing practices, incorporates the nursing process into the goal directed plan of care for the patient. Plan of care should include planning and scheduling of intervention/care and collaboration with other services/departments.
• Prepares and administers various medications and injections; collects and analyzes specimens as directed.
• Provides and/or assists with patient care, minor procedures and treatments within the scope of practice.
• Communicates appointments, specialty procedures, and instructions by phone, in wri ting, and in person; coordinates patient information with other facilities, departments, and staff as appropriate.
• Provides education, instructions, and advice to patients as directed by physician with consideration to age appropriate care.
• Responsible for documentation within clinical records (both electronic or written) of all patient care or treatments provided
• Enters physician orders into clinical information systems.
• Evaluates patient status via phone and in office setting. Advises patient appropriately (i.e., wound status, post-operative, etc.).
• Plans and organizes the work day to meet the need of the designated area.
• Provides office clerical and administrative services as directed or as needed to maximize workflow, patient through put and to maximize provider resources.
• Assists with provider documentation, charge capture and billing code capture.
• Delegates work assignments within the scope of practice to other team members (LPN, Medical Assistant or Patient Service Representative) to meet the needs of the facility.
• Plans, organizes, implements, evaluates and documents safe patient care consistent with organizational values/goals, policies and procedures.
• Adheres to patient safety standards and identifies and anticipates problems and safety issues and initiates appropriate action.
• Maintains appropriate skill/knowledge in specialty area with application and patient relevance of commonly used equipment specific to area; pharmacological application; application of laboratory values with disease process and physiological status.
• Analyzes and shares the practice implications of nursing research in specialty area.
• Performs or assists with various procedures as competency and training permit (e.g., dobutamine stress tests, conscious sedation, spirometry, IVs, and patient recovery, etc.)
• Utilizes performance im provement principles to assess, enhance, and/or improve the quality of care. Participates in the incorporation of evidence based outcomes and core principles, state survey/accreditation readiness activities, quality audits, quality improvement and patient safety teams, peer review processes, etc.
• Develops collaborative relationships with physicians and other health care providers to enhance quality practice.
• Takes responsibility for identification of own professional growth and developmental needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements.
• Demonstrates positive, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patients, families, visitors, physicians, staff, and others.
• Consideration is given to the appropriateness of care based on the population specific needs of the patient. Nursing practice is delivered with compassion and respect for the inherent dignity, worth and uniqueness of every individual, unrestricted by con siderations of social or economic status, personal attributes or the nature of health problems
• Performs other duties as assigned or needed to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Department or Level Specific Duties and Responsibilities
• Triage RN Functions
• Outreach Physician support
• Float to other nursing areas within the hospital
• Knowledge of nursing theory and practice to assess, evaluate and provide quality patient care.
• Knowledge and skill in advanced nursing assessments and procedures, aseptic technique, hazardous drugs
• Advanced knowledge and understanding of specialty services, treatments, and nursing practices
• Analytical skills necessary to perform diverse clinical, regulatory, and clerical responsibilities requiring analysis, judgment, and knowledge of services/treatments
• Work is performed independently in accordance with general directives
• Assumes respon sibility for initiating necessary follow-up to maintain compliance with all clinical research trials
• Ability to resolve difficult or serious situations with input from others as needed
• Interpersonal skills which enable incumbent to assist with training and respond to other nurses' questions and conduct community and patient education. All interpersonal relationships reflect respect, concern, and courtesy for the other individual
• Responsible to ensure timely and accurate capture of charges for services provided
• Accountable to be fiscally responsible in selection and utilization of supplies with consideration to quality outcomes
• 2 Year / Associate's Degree in nursing - Bachelor's degree in nursing within 4 years of hire
• Minimum of two (2) years of experience as an RN working in a hospital, physician clinic or other medical facility, preferred
Certifications and Licenses
• Current Healthcare Provider CPR Certification or become CPR certified prior to working in a patient care environment, typically accomplished during the first week of orientation. At hire
• Current ACLS certification required for RN's who perform procedures (e.g. dobutamine stress test, conscious sedation, etc.) and must be able to obtain within 9 months of employment at hire
• Current Montana state license as a registered nurse required at hire
Associate (or Diploma) RNs hired into this position must commit to completing their Bachelor of Nursing degree within 4 years of their date of hire. Billings Clinic will help support the cost through financial assistance