Billings Clinic Per Diem Endoscopy RN (Columbus) in COLUMBUS, Montana
You’ll want to join Billings Clinic for our outstanding quality of care, exciting environment, interesting cases from a vast geography, advanced technology and educational opportunities. We are in the top 1% of hospitals internationally for receiving Magnet® Recognition consecutively since 2006.
And you’ll want to stay at Billings Clinic for the amazing teamwork, caring atmosphere, and a culture that values kindness, safety and courage. This is an incredible place to learn and grow. Billings, Montana, is a friendly, college community in the Rocky Mountains with great schools and abundant family activities. Amazing outdoor recreation is just minutes from home. Four seasons of sunshine!
You can make a difference here.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all permanent full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
All new employees must complete several pre-employment requirements prior to starting. Click here (https://billingsclinic.csod.com/ats/careersite/search.aspx?site=15&c=billingsclinic) to learn more!
Per Diem Endoscopy RN (Columbus)
Stillwater Billings Clinic (STILLWATER BILLINGS CLINIC)
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE: $29.72 - $34.93 per hour, plus $2.25 per diem rate
Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation, and theoretical/clinical skills in the promotion/maintenance of health. Incorporates evidence-based nursing practices consistent with national standards and which support quality outcomes. Assumes responsibility and accountability for the quality of nursing care. Directs the plan of care while maintaining professionalism.
Essential Job Functions
• Utilizing a holistic approach and evidence-based nursing practices, incorporates the nursing process into the goal-directed plan of care for the patient. Collaborates with the interdisciplinary care team to execute a plan of care appropriate to the needs of the patients.
• Ensures complete, accurate and timely entry into patient medical record as indicated by patient condition and documentation guidelines, consistent with departmental policies and procedures.
• Adheres to facility’s safety standards, policies and practices. Anticipates and identifies problems and safety issues, then initiates appropriate action.
• Maintains appropriate skill/knowledge and application of relevant and commonly used equipment specific to area, pharmacology and laboratory values based on disease process or physiological status.
• Utilizes evidence-based practice, supported by nursing research, within specialty area.
• Utilizes performance improvement principles to assess and improve the quality of patient care.
• Will gain competency in Endoscopy Services to be able to perform and teach all functions within the Endoscopy service line including: schedule for procedures, provide patients with prep and instructions, room set-up and pre-procedure duties, circulating and assisting, recovery and discharge, endoscope cleaning and processing, instrument and equipment care and supply procurement.
• Supports the Endoscopy team for clinical function and oversight of Endoscopy services possible duties to include scheduling, OR set-up, pre-op patient admits, circulating, recovery and discharge, instrument and equipment care, instrument decontamination/reprocessing, supply procurement and organizing staff for Endoscopy cases.
• Gains knowledge and training to perform sterilization procedures and scope cleaning independently. Responsibilities to include instrument and equipment sterilization for facility; chemical, mechanical and biological monitoring; autoclave air removal testing; autoclave cleaning and care; instrument set preparation; Gluteraldehyde and/or other chemical preparation, monitoring and disposal; and continual monitoring of instrument care for Clinic and ED.
• In the absence of the Director of Nursing, coordinates procedure days and communicates with additional team members.
• Continuously assesses and improves the performance of care and services provided within the Endoscopy programs by participating in quality improvement projects.
• Floats to multiple areas within the organization to assist with nursing services based upon patient need.
• Takes responsibility for own professional growth and development needs; meets all system/departmental educational requirements.
• Demonstrates collaborative, supportive, and caring behaviors in communication with patient’s families, visitors, and the interdisciplinary care team.
• Consideration is given to the appropriateness of care based on the population specific needs of the patient.
• 4 Year / Bachelor’s Degree – BSN
Certifications and Licenses
• Healthcare Provider CPR Certification, ACLS, PALS, TNCC or CALS required - At hire
• Current Montana license as a Registered Nurse - At hire
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.