Billings Clinic Radiologic Technician - Stillwater Billings Clinic, Columbus, MT in Columbus, Montana
You can make a difference as a part of our region's largest health care system, based locally in Billings, Montana. Join our amazing team with a focus on safe, high quality care and an excellent patient experience. Billings Clinic is here to take care of our community and region.
We look forward to meeting you.
Billings Clinic is a community-owned, not-for-profit, Physician-led health system based in Billings with more than 4,700 employees, including over 550 physicians and non-physician providers. Our integrated organization consists of a multi-specialty group practice and a 304-bed hospital.Learn more (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/) about Billings Clinic (our organization, history, mission, leadership and regional locations) and how we are recognized nationally for our exceptional quality.
We provide a comprehensive and competitive benefits package to all full-time employees (minimum of 24 hours/week), including Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b) Retirement Plan with employer matching, Defined Contribution Pension Plan, Paid Time Off, employee wellness program, and much more.Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/careers/employee-benefits/) for more information ordownload the 2021 Employee Benefits Guide (https://ncstoragemlbillings.blob.core.windows.net/public/2021%20Billings%20Clinic%20Staff%20Benefits%20Guide.pdf) .
Magnet: Commitment to Nursing Excellence
Billings Clinic is proud to be recognized for nursing excellence as a Magnet®-designated organization, joining only 97 other organizations worldwide that have achieved this honor four times. The re-designation process happens every four years. Click here (https://www.billingsclinic.com/campaign-landing-pages/magnet/) to learn more!
Radiologic Technician - Stillwater Billings Clinic, Columbus, MT
Stillwater Billings Clinic (Stillwater Billings Clinic)
Shift: Day, Evenings, Nights, Weekends
Employment Status: Per Diem
Hours per Pay Period: 0.01 = per diem (Non-Exempt)
Starting Wage DOE:
Under general supervision, operates radiographic equipment to obtain ordered radiographs consistent with department routines and procedures. In doing so, positions patients, adjusts equipment for proper exposure settings and develops films/images following the procedure and facilitates image storage in the PACS system. Also, assists physicians and Radiology RPAs in performing examinations by administering/providing contrast media and assisting with procedures as needed.
• Ensures radiological services provided are in compliance with standards established by Billings Clinic, facility, local, state and federal agencies.
• Performs quality procedures and radiographs using the appropriate department routine as ordered and can perform those examinations using all the general radiographic equipment.
• Prepares the room, equipment and supplies as dictated by the examination or patient need and processes the necessary radiographs.
• Prepares the patient for the examination by ensuring the patient is attired properly, explains the examination to the patient and transfers and positions the patient as needed. Demonstrates awareness of radiation safety for patients, self and co-workers by using appropriate shielding for patients. Assists the patient at the end of the examination.
• Performs a variety of clerical and image management tasks, as required, such as working up patients, completing the appropriate paper work following each examination, properly identifies exams for PACS storage and review.
• Identifies need and sets goals for own growth and development; meets all mandatory organizational and departmental requirements.
• Is responsible for taking an active role in the mentoring of the student technologist staff.
• Performs other duties as assigned or need to meet the needs of the department/organization.
Certification by the American Registry of Radiological Technologists (ARRT) OR board eligible (must achieve ARRT credential within six months of employment)
CPR Certification for health care providers At hire
Current Montana license as a Radiology Technologist/Regional RT must possess additional current state license as appropriate to service site. At hire
• Graduate of a recognized approved American Medical Association Council of Education program in Radiological Technology.
• Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience relating to the above tasks, knowledge, skills and abilities will be considered
Billings Clinic is Montana’s largest health system serving Montana, Wyoming and the western Dakotas. A not-for-profit organization led by a physician CEO, the health system is governed by a board of community members, nurses and physicians. Billings Clinic includes an integrated multi-specialty group practice, tertiary care hospital and trauma center, based in Billings, Montana. Learn more atwww.billingsclinic.com/aboutus (https://www.billingsclinic.com/about-us/)
Billings Clinic is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity. All policies and processes are designed toward achieving fair and equitable treatment of all employees and job applicants. Employees are encouraged to discuss any concerns they have in this regard with their immediate supervisor and/or the Vice President People Resources. All employees and job applicants will be provided the same treatment in all aspects of the employment relationship, regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, genetic information or disability.