Cut Bank Area Chamber of Commerce Executive Director in Cut Bank, Montana
The role of the Executive Director is to ensure the daily operations of the Cut Bank Chamber are on task, completed accurately, on time, and that all grant program requirements, objectives, and deadlines are met. The Executive Director will serve as a community outreach coordinator; work with local press, community-based organizations, and leadership groups. The Executive Director will continue to actively seek additional sources of revenue, spearhead fundraisers, be the primary point of contact for the Chamber and its Economic Development committee, work to keep the board of directors engaged and on task with their respective committees and be responsible for the management of all year round and seasonal employees.
CHAMBER MISSION STATEMENT: To promote and improve the business environment, stimulate a vibrant local economy, and produce a cooperative effort to enhance the overall quality of life in Cut Bank and its surrounding areas.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Coordinates all chamber activities including board meetings, special chamber projects, and events
• Receive and respond to all incoming correspondence, including phone messages, email, social media and mail
• Work with the bookkeeper and treasurer to ensure the budgetary guidelines are being maintained, develop the annual budget, fully understand the monthly financial statements provided by the bookkeeper to present at the board meetings; and ensure the annual tax information is to the accounting firm to prepare the 990
• Process the mail and accurately track all incoming revenue and invoices to ensure all revenue and expenses are properly documented and paid.
• Write thank-you notes for all donations and to volunteers
• Work with the Board of Directors to develop a short- and long-term strategic plan and regularly refer to these plans to determine the successful implementation of these goals.
• Spearhead, organize and participate in planning, organizing and promoting of fundraisers, projects and special events and other duties or special projects as directed by the board of directors
• Research and execute grants that are beneficial to Cut Bank
• Responsible for the effective operation of the Visitor Center including grant writing and reporting, hiring, training, and supervising seasonal staff
• Review and submit payroll to Gage Accounting
• Ensure the Chamber properties are secure and presentable year-round including the Visitor’s Center, Public Drug, and Myhre building
• Maintain membership records, spearhead membership drive, solicit new members year-round and work to retain membership
• Attend all Chamber meetings, events, and functions
• Work with the committee chairs to ensure that each committee is on track and complete any tasks unable to be completed by the committee to ensure the success of each event/project
• Develop and maintain effective communication strategies to promote chamber events and benefits including writing newspaper articles, developing advertisements, develop and executing social media strategies, and emails to inform Cut Bank and the surrounding communities of Chamber events, activities, and board decisions.
• Positively represent the Cut Bank Chamber at community meetings and activities, such as City of Cut Bank, Glacier County Regional Port Authority, Glacier County Commissioners, etc.
Part-time hours will vary week to week and month to month depending on the projects and events. Payroll will be managed by Gage Accounting and paid out on the 15th and end of the month. Must be available for flexible work hours, including some nights and weekends.