CHS Inc. Agronomy Sales and Operations Lead in Drummond, Montana
Agronomy Sales and Operations Lead
Date: May 4, 2021
Drummond, MT, US, 59832
Req ID: 793
Division: Country Operations
Employment Type: Full Time
CHS Inc. is a leading global agribusiness owned by farmers, ranchers and cooperatives across the United States that provides grain, food and energy resources to businesses and consumers around the world. We serve agriculture customers and consumers across the United States and around the world. Most of our 11,000 employees are in the United States, but today we have employees in 19 countries. At CHS, we are creating connections to empower agriculture.
CHS is looking for an Agronomy Operations Supervisor who has a strong understanding of the industry. You will work with the Agronomy Location Manager to operate a full service agronomy retail facility with seed, grain, wheat, corn, crop protection, fertilizer and related services. You must be able to motivate and lead employees to accomplish plant goals.
Serve as a hands-on team lead in an agronomy facility, performing facility operations and providing guidance to others as needed to provide efficient, safe, and reliable service to patrons.
- Oversee all daily operations with emphasis on production efficiency, quality and safety standards.
- Schedule production to meet agronomy plant requirements; accounting for proper sequence, clean-out procedures, products ordered and current inventories.
- Act as a working supervisor, lead by example, provide general work direction, and foster communication with a strong customer service mentality.
- Supervise agronomy plant maintenance to ensure proper operation, repairs, and preventive maintenance requirements are met.
- Oversee and manage inventories, both ingredients and finished products.
- Enforce safety rules and administer all company and government regulations.
- Supervise training for personnel in regards to job duties, safety, equipment requirements and quality control to insure proper functions of assigned duties.
- Work in cooperation with company personnel to achieve established goals and objectives.
- Seek to improve personal skills and prepare to perform all support and fill-in duties when requested.
- Perform other duties as assigned or needed.
- Work extended hours as needed to meet business needs.
Minimum Qualifications (required)
High School diploma or GED
3-5 years of agriculture retail experience
Must be able to work extended hours in season
Must understand basic business principals of inventory management
Ability to stand, sit, twist, bend, lift up to 75lbs
Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in an agriculture related program
Agribusiness supervisor experience
Commercial Drivers License (CDL)
Agronomy and mechanical background
CHS offers a competitive total compensation package. Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Hearing, Life Insurance, Health and Day Care Savings Accounts, Paid Vacation , 401K, Company Funded Pension, Profit Sharing, Long and Short Term Disability, Tuition reimbursement, and Adoption assistance.
CHS is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Effective January 6, 2020, the U.S. Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) requires employers to conduct a pre-employment verification full query against the newly established License Drug and Alcohol Clearinghouse prior to beginning employment in a position that requires a valid commercial driver’s license (CDL). Candidates seeking employment in a position that requires a commercial motor vehicle license must voluntarily enter their information into the FMCSA and must provide disclosure authorization, at the time of offer, to CHS or an authorized third-party agent of CHS to verify the information.