SGS North America Inc. dba Petroleum Service Corporation Pipeline Operator in Fairview, Montana
|Regular or Temporary:||Regular (employed indefinitely)|
Pipeline Process Operator Assistant
Fairview, MT Area
Fairview, MT Area
Job Summary: Petroleum Service Corporation is the industry leader in product handling and site logistics, with 3,400 employees working in more than 125 facilities across the U.S. and Canada. The Pipeline Process Operator Assistant is a full-time career in Fairview, MT that offers a comprehensive benefits package and a matching 401k program. Experience is not always required; we pay for on-the-job training. This role is responsible for monitoring and maintaining the tank farm and pipeline operations at two facilities in the local area. A company vehicle will be provided for travel during work hours. If you're looking for a stable, long-term career in a booming industry, then consider joining the PSC family!Work Schedule: 12 hour shifts, rotating 7 days on and 7 days off (includes overtime, weekend, holidays)Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operates pumps and associated equipment for pipeline operations
- Takes oil samples and performs routine grind outs to measure sediment, water content and determine quality
- Performs tank gauging to measure contents and account for product stored and product moved into and out of tanks
- Prepares custody transfer tickets, manage tickets and performs month-end closing
- Performs routine daily maintenance tasks on the pipeline operations
- Operates terminal equipment, such as meter skid and UTV
- Works closely with Instrumentation and Electrical technicians (SCADA and HMI systems)
- Interprets the plant's piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID) and control schematics
- Understands liquid measurement principles, such as (flow metering and water cut)
- Communicates and interfaces with all affected teams, personnel and vendors
- Prioritizes daily work schedules depending on operation requirements
- Responds to call outs as needed to fulfill business objectives
- Experience working in the industrial, chemical, operator or oil field is a plus, but not required
- Excellent mechanical aptitude (understanding of crude oil measurement, custody transfer, tank gauging and meter proving are a plus, but not required)
- Ability to perform well in a team environment with other operations and staff personnel
- Strong communication skills and work ethic with demonstrated ability to effectively work with minimum supervision
- Solid computer skills to include Microsoft Office Suite
- Flow Process Control / PLC knowledge are a plus, but not required
- The ability to train in Operator Qualification (OQ) Certification for valve and pump station maintenance and repair per DOT requirements for pipeline operators.
- The ability to train in OSHA's Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response (HAZWOPER) Standard and be able to perform spill response duties, if required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and a safe driving record.
- 18 years or older and legally able to work in the U.S.
- Stable work history with good references from past employers.
- Pass a drug screen, physical, and background check.
- Speak fluent English.
- PSC is a veteran-friendly company. Previous military experience and proven ability to follow procedures a plus.
You must be able to:
- Speak, write, read, hear, and have good vision
- Work outside in environmental conditions which at times include extreme heat or extreme cold
- Wear all required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) without restriction and pass any medical examination associated with the use of PPE
- Lift 60 pounds floor to waist
- Push and pull 30 pounds horizontally
- Carry 20 pounds while walking
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Stand 8-12 hours per day
- Extend arms through normal range of motion while standing and squatting
- As the leader in product handling and site logistics for refineries, chemical producers, and marine transportation providers, Petroleum Service Corporation offers plant jobs with great earning potential and advancement opportunities.
- We've been in business since 1952 and have a strong reputation for quality service, safety, and environmental protection.
- Our employees are our #1 asset, and we invest considerable time and resources to train them well, keep them safe, and provide them with opportunities to gain valuable industry experience.
- The work we do makes a huge impact in our nation's economy. Check out our videos at to learn more.
- Hear what some of our employees have to say about working for us at
- A variety of medical insurance options with the company paying a portion of the premiums, as well as affordable plans for dental, vision, accident, and critical illness coverage for employees and their families.
- Company-paid life insurance and long-term disability insurance.
- Matching 401(k) plan to help employees save money for retirement.
- Holidays, sick leave, and vacation benefits vary by work group and job classification.
- As a member of the SGS global family, our employees are eligible for group purchasing discounts for new auto purchases, homeowners' and auto insurance coverage, and cell phone service.
- Safety incentives and bonuses.
- Industry-leading training and development programs.
Petroleum Service Corporation, an SGS company, is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.