Story Distributing Company Cashier in Gallatin Gateway, Montana
Job DescriptionIs this the job for you?
First / Day Second / Afternoon Third / Night
August 3, 2020
76250 Gallatin Road, Casey's Corner
Gallatin Gateway, MT, 59730, US
A Cashier/Sales Associate provides excellent, fast and friendly customer service, welcomes customers to the store, practices suggestive selling to increase sales, operates a register to scan, itemize and total customer purchases, accounts for all cash inventories during shift, cleans service areas and restrooms and stocks merchandise in accordance with Company policies, procedures and standards.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
Customer Satisfaction and Store Condition: Provides excellent customer service in a courteous, professional, friendly and attentive manner to ensure the customer has an outstanding shopping experience. Makes suggestion to customers on promotion items. Is knowledgeable of store products and services.
2.Store Condition: Maintains the store in good condition by cleaning and performing a variety of general housekeeping duties. Sweeps, mops, dusts when not waiting on customers.
- Merchandising: Stocks, front faces products, rotates store shelves, coolers and freezers, counters and food service areas to ensure freshness, appeal and easy customer access.
4.Financial Controls: Rings transactions correctly. Is accurate with cash on shift. Less than one-dollar short cash per shift. Zero cash shortage on lottery. Correctly and completely fills out shift sheet.
External/Internal Controls: Follows and ensures all employees follow all government requirements, health and safety codes, branded food inspection standards, and the Company policies, procedures and standards that apply to the conduct business.
Security Controls: Reports all incidents including but not limited to employee or customer injuries, gas drive offs, theft, property damage, spills to Store Manager. Reports any situation in which unsafe, unlawful or unethical conduct is or might be occurring.
Administrative Controls: Keeps accurate shift records, safe drops and lottery/lotto sales.
Other duties as assigned by Store Manager.
· High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
· Ability to listen, understand and follow directions. The ability to do basic math.
· Ability to deal with customers, make good decisions when it comes to customer satisfaction, unanticipated problems or events using standard procedures. Asks for help when needed and/or appropriate.
· Ability to operate a variety of electronic equipment including cash register, scanners, gas consoles; credit card, money order, lottery machines, hot and cold beverage dispensers, roller grills and microwave ovens.
· Physical Demands: Work requires the ability to stand up to 8 hours a day, frequent standing, walking, occasional to frequent bending, stooping, crouching; frequent/lifting of up to 10 lbs. and occasional lifting/carrying of up to 40 lbs.; and occasional climbing and descending ladders.
· Working Conditions: Work requires up to 40 hours a week and can include hours on all shifts, weekends, and holidays. Tasks are performed in all areas inside and outside of the store and can include exposure to extreme temperatures (both hot and cold), vapors/fumes, high humidity, noise and household chemical for short periods and longer periods occasionally.
· Special Skills: Food Handlers Card, Serve Safe Certification preferred.