CITY OF GLENDIVE - PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT Utility Worker in GLENDIVE, Montana
- High school diploma or equivalent, OR, four years of experience relating to construction, maintenance or repair, OR, any equivalent combination of education and experience
- Valid Commercial Driver's License, with air brakes and tanker endorsements
- Eligible for coverage by the City's insurance carriers and ability to maintain that eligibility
- Ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds
- Ability to pass controlled substance testing
- Considerable knowledge of equipment, facilities, materials, methods and procedures used in maintenance, construction and repair activities
- Ability to perform heavy manual tasks
Will perform a variety of semi-skilled and skilled maintenance work; operate a variety of equipment in the construction, operation, repair, maintenance and replacement of city water, sewer, street storm drainage facilities and systems, solid waste collection and disposal, and park maintenance.
Full-time position working 40 hours per week. Specific work schedule will be discussed.
$21.37 per hour to start, with an increase to $22.94 per hour after six months, and an increase to $24.45 per hour after one year, with a yearly raise after that. Benefits include vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, retirement and medical insurance.
To apply for this position, submit a completed CITY application to Job Service.
Required application is in Tray 18 at Glendive Job Service office; or call 406-377-3314 or email GlendiveJSC@mt.gov to have the City application mailed, emailed or faxed to you.