State of Montana Administrative Assistant in Great Falls, Montana
To be considered for any DPHHS Agency position, applicants must complete and submit their application online, as well as upload any required application materials. Successful applicant(s) are required to successfully pass all DPHHS specific background check(s) relevant to each position.
Materials Required of Applicants:
(To be considered in this pool, please submit the following)
• Cover letter
• 3 Professional references
• Supplemental question(s):
o How has your education and/or work experience prepared you to be successful at this job?
(Please type responses in a Word document and attach to application. HELPFUL HINT: When attaching a document, you much check the “relevant document” box to ensure your attachments are uploading correctly to the specific application. Please do not attach more than requested. If you have more than 25 attachments in the system you will need to email these to: email@example.com. Failure to attach the required material will conclude in an incomplete application. You must also keep those relevant boxes checked once you submit your application; if you uncheck the box with an active application it will delete the attachment.)
This position is responsible for providing clerical and administrative support services to Child and Family Services social workers regarding foster care, investigative, and licensing functions. This position works closely with county social workers and supervisor to act as a liaison between social workers and other division of DPHHS, the County Attorney’s Office and numerous other community based provider/partners to ensure smooth coordination in the provision of services to ensure the safety, well-being, and permanency of children brought to the attention of CFSD.
• Contacts vendors and maintains records of equipment repairs, maintenance of office expenditures. Maintains mileage records for state cars and submits reports to Motor Pool. Makes all travel arrangements for employees and clients.
• Handles regional incoming mail and distribution. Orders supplies. Maintain all conference rooms.
• Assists with new employee orientation. Maintain all training lists, books, business cards, keys and cell phones.
• Maintain and organize kids closet, working with other organizations for donations. Purchase needed items for the next year. Work with stuff the bus supplies and distribute to families.
• Maintain all blood borne pathogen and Hep B tests.
• Work with Administrative Supervisor and Regional Manager on projects and office support including computers. Attend all weekly meetings for minutes.
• Responsible for all background checks on employees.
• Works within the PERQ’s systems to pay bills.
• Works with all CPS report list for supervisors.
• Works with Administrative rules filing.
Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (Behaviors):
Required for the first day of work:
• Knowledge of office procedures.
• Knowledge of database management.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work effectively with others.
• Ability to provide effective and professional customer service.
• Ability to use professional judgment and discretion in decision making.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and recognize potentially sensitive issues.
• Ability to organize and prioritize work.
• Ability to multitask.
• Ability to operate personal computer and general office equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, including using spreadsheets, word processing, database, email, internet, and other computer programs.
Minimum Qualifications (Education and Experience):
• High school diploma or its equivalent
• Two years of job related work experience in administrative support, receptionist or other related areas.
• Other directly related combinations of education/experience may be considered.
Job: *Community/Social Services
Title: Administrative Assistant
Location: Great Falls
Requisition ID: 18142477