Public Consulting Group Solutions Architect in Helana, Montana
About Public Consulting Group
Public Consulting Group LLC (PCG) is a leading public sector solutions implementation and operations improvement firm that partners with health, education, technology, and human services agencies to improve lives. Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG employs approximately 2,000 professionals worldwide—all committed to delivering solutions that change lives for the better. The firm has extensive experience in all 50 states, Canada, and a growing practice in Europe. PCG offers clients a multidisciplinary approach to meet challenges, pursue opportunities, and serve constituents across the public sector. To learn more, visit www.publicconsultinggroup.com.
A Solutions Architect is a senior level technologist who supports the Practice Area in the identification and implementation of best practices in developing proposal and implementing projects. This technologist is responsible for understanding deep technical practices required to effectively designing standards based and best practices design of solutions.
The Solutions Architect performs Business Development efforts through:
• Providing Technical Subject Matter Expertise to clients
• Analyzing client request for proposals, and
• Supporting development of proposal responses
The Solutions Architect performs Quality and Risk Management through:
• Ensuring quality work products are delivered to clients
• Providing high-level IT job duties which may include:
• Business and Technical Leadership
• System Analysis
• Code Development
• Software Engineering
• or other similarly skilled computer-related work
• Providing high level analysis and support to achieve business unit goals
• Engaging in high level company business and analysis
• Exercising discretion and independent judgment
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Building and Sustaining PCG’s Business Portfolio
a. Market or participate in marketing services to current and potential clients
b. Participate in firm-building activities
c. Actively participate in Committee assignments and special projects
d. Support proposal development
e. Collaborate fully within the firm, and with external partners and clients to facilitate cross selling and other revenue-increasing activities
- Managing and Building Upon Client Relationships
a. Preserve existing client relationships
b. Expand existing client relationships
c. Identify and develop prospective new relationships
- Project Management and Oversight
a. Adhere to and support the PCG project management approach and other PMO principles and practices
b. Ensure project quality and compliance with all related regulations
c. Ensure communication among all key stakeholders
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
• Business management skills to ensure the success and growth of the company.
• Ability to demonstrate and provide examples of continuous personal development and improvement.
• Experience in working closely with customers and consultants.
• Ability to demonstrate competency in financial management, leadership in an interdisciplinary environment, systems thinking and effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
• Highly skilled and proficient in the theoretical and practical application of highly specialized information to computer systems analysis, code development and software engineering.
• Ability to manage and administer a broad range of tasks.
• Skill in presenting ideas and presenting oral and written reports.
• Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
• Analytical and problem solving skills.
• Demonstrated aptitude for learning new technologies.
• Knowledge of data processing systems, concepts and methodologies.
• Ability to assess customer goals, needs and interests with respect to the implementation/appropriateness of information technology solutions.
• Ability to multi-task and maintain organization in a fast-paced environment.
• Ability to create and maintain highest levels of confidentiality when dealing with proprietary or private information.
• Ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions in a manner consistent with the essential job function.
• Ability to work as a team, and independently.
• Ability to attend work as scheduled and continues to work until the needs and interests of the company and/or the customer are met.
Public Consulting Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer dedicated to celebrating diversity and intentionally creating a culture of inclusion. We believe that we work best when our employees feel empowered and accepted, and that starts by honoring each of our unique life experiences. At PCG, all aspects of employmentregarding recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits, transfers, layoffs, return from layoff, company-sponsored training, education, and social and recreational programsare based on merit, business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or belief, national, social, or ethnic origin, sex, gender identity and/or expression, age, physical, mental, or sensory disability, sexual orientation, marital, civil union, or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, citizenship status, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected under federal, state, or local law. PCG will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. PCG believes in health, equality, and prosperity for everyone so we can succeed in changing the ways the public sector, including health, education, technology and human services industries, work.
Job Locations US-CA-Sacramento | US
Posted Date 2 weeks ago (9/19/2022 12:44 PM)
Job ID 2022-8629
# of Openings 1
Type Regular Full-Time
Practice Area Technology Consulting
Public Consulting Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or status as a qualified individual with a disability. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.