State of Montana Accounting Technician (12019) in Helena, Montana
The Facility Reimbursement section is within the Business and Financial Services Division of the Department of Public Health and Human Services. This section is responsible for medical billing, and collection of revenue to the department for the services provided to patients at the 5 state owned facilities. This position prepares claims for Medicare, Medicaid and Insurance services provided at all of the department facilities and performs accounts receivable functions for amounts collectible from Medicare, Medicaid and private insurance along with private payments.
Below are more detailed job duties:
• Prepares and submits claims to recover costs of providing medical and psychiatric services at the department facilities.
• Creates new patient account to record patient demographics and accounts receivable activity.
• Reviews financial resource documents prepared by financial investigator and verifies patient eligibility using online benefit databases.
• Prepares claims for monthly submission following medical billing requirements according to federal, state, and agency guidelines.
• Prepares statements for private-pay residents.
• Stays current with client and secondary payer billing requirements.
• Reconciles patient accounts with ledger balances. To ensure full cost of care is not exceeded in billing.
• Receives and processes daily accounts receivable payments, examines Explanation of Benefits (EOB) to identify how to apply payments to patients accounts.
• Researches denied claims and payments and requests clarification or additional information. Works denial reports from electronic vendors.
• Identifies the need for payment refund and initiates refund request.
Physical and Environmental Demands:This position works in a typical office environment and requires extensive keyboard data inputting.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Working knowledge of medical billing terminology and procedures.
Knowledge of Medicare/Medicaid benefits and eligibility.
Working knowledge of accounting methods and account receivable theory and practices.
Effective oral and written communication skills.
Ability to analyze, interpret and apply procedural rules regarding claims and statements.
Ability to operate a person computer and general office equipment as necessary.
Ability to learn quickly and independently.
High school diploma or GED.
Four years work experience in accounting, billing, and collecting in a medical field.
Experience with medical terminology and coding.
Experience with Medicaid and Medicare billing required.
Other medical licenses/certifications may be considered as additional experience.
Other combinations of directly related education/experience may be considered on a case-by-case basis.
For a full copy of the job description, please contact Kaley Argee email@example.com.
To be considered for this position, please submit the following materials online through the State of Montana Careers site:
/The State of Montana offers a comprehensive benefits package, which includes 15 paid vacation days, 12 sick days and 10 paid holidays a year./
/To view the State of Montana's medical, dental, vision coverage, and other offerings, you can visit our Health Care and Benefits website at,https://benefits.mt.gov./
This is an open until filled position, first initial review of applications will be October 29, 2020.
/Women (and/or) minorities may be under-represented in this position and are encouraged to apply/
/To be considered for any DPHHS Agency position, applicants must complete and submit their application online, as well as upload any required application materials. Successful applicant(s) are required to successfully pass all DPHHS specific background check(s) relevant to each position./
Title: Accounting Technician (12019)
Requisition ID: 20142390