Lincoln Financial Group Analyst, Investment Accounting and Reporting in Helena, Montana
Alternate Locations: Work from Home
Remote : Work at home employee residing outside of a commutable distance to an office location.
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #: 71668
The Role at a Glance
We are excited to bring on an Investment Accounting Analyst to support the Investment Accounting and Reporting Team at Lincoln Financial Group. The Investment Accounting and Reporting team is a highly visible and dynamic team, interacting with many stakeholders across the organization. On this team you will gain experience in a wide array of areas including financial reporting, investment accounting, financial analysis, amongst other valuable skills. The team consists of both hybrid and remote employees.
General Purpose of Job
As an Investment Accounting Analyst, you will be responsible for providing timely and accurate investment reporting for the General Account Invested Assets on a Statutory, GAAP (specifically SEC reporting), Management and Tax basis. You will be responsible for performing investments research, analysis and proper accounting treatment of Lincoln’s investment positions to support strategic investment operations and initiatives. Additionally, this position requires ongoing support, coordination, and oversight for existing and future strategic reinsurance transactions. This role will require working with various business areas and key stakeholders to evaluate new reinsurance structures and drive the development and delivery of required investment reporting for those reinsurance transactions. If this sounds like a role for you, please read on!
What you'll be doing
• You will provide timely and proper investment accounting treatment of General Account Invested Assets under applicable Statutory, GAAP, Management and Tax basis. You will specifically be responsible for the investment disclosures for LFG’s SEC reporting.
• You will provide accounting information on fixed income and other investments for existing and developing investment strategies for compliance with accounting/reporting regulations.
• You will be responsible for providing investment reporting reinsurance transactions, coordinating with stakeholders on activities such settlements and reconciliations
• You will evaluate reinsurance treaties for investment accounting impacts to ensure the team can support new and ongoing reporting requirements.
• You will support an effective function for your assigned area by identifying risks, researching technical investment accounting issues, and gathering all necessary information. You will communicate identified risks and financial implications to management.
• You will resolve discrepancies and take actions on matters and inquiries on the General Account Invested Assets from portfolio management and multiple asset managers.
• You will collaborate effectively with team members and applicable key stakeholders across the enterprise to facilitate the accurate and timely completion of the investment accounting process.
• You will remain current in professional and industry trends and make a positive contribution by making suggestions for improvement, and learning new skills, processes and procedures.
• Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assesses the impact, and collaborates with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
What we’re looking for
• 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's) - Minimum Required
• Prior experience working in investment accounting or accounting systems is needed #
• 5+ Years of experience in accounting, securities or financial reporting that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities for this position
• Technical knowledge in investment accounting
• Demonstrates strong problem-solving and critical thinking skills, identifying the appropriate resources and tools to drive solutions.
• Demonstrates strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. management, peers and colleagues) and external parties (asset managers, reinsurers, other external partners); proven ability to develop collaborative approaches.
• Demonstrates ability to identify and recommend processes improvements.
• Demonstrates excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize workload and multi-task while maintaining strict attention to detail.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Competitive 401K and employee benefits (https://hrdirectdocs.lfg.com/misc/HR/Recruiting/BenefitsResourcesGuide.pdf)
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Pay Range: $65,700 - $118,300
Actual base pay could vary based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to work experience, education, location, licensure requirements, proficiency and qualifications required for the role. The base pay is just one component of Lincoln’s total rewards package for employees. In addition, the role may be eligible for the Annual Incentive Program, which is discretionary and based on the performance of the company, business unit and individual. Other rewards may include long-term incentives, sales incentives and Lincoln’s standard benefits package.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive (https://www.lfg.com/public/aboutus/companyoverview/diversityinclusion?audience_page_id=1422918942386) environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/lincolnfinancialgroup) , Twitter (https://mobile.twitter.com/lincolnfingroup) , LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/4307?trkInfo=tas%3Alincoln+financial%2Cidx%3A3-1-3&trk=tyah) , and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/lincolnfingroup/) . Sign up for email alerts at http://newsroom.lfg.com
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at email@example.com if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify (https://www.e-verify.gov) notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify (https://www.e-verify.gov/es) avisos.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.