Albertsons Asset Protection Specialist in HELENA, Montana
Deter, detect and apprehend those individuals committing thefts or other crimes against Albertsons at store level. Assist in other areas related to Loss Prevention as required by their Security Supervisor. Develop and maintain a good working relationship with local police, other law enforcement agencies and court personnel.
Job Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Observes customers throughout the store.
- Apprehends shoplifters in accordance with state and local laws and company policy.
- Develop and communicate ORC trends & activity.
- Cooperates with and responds to requests by police departments, courts and other public agencies under the direction of Loss Prevention and/or Corporate Council.
- Maintains the equipment related to loss prevention and physical security (e.g. the CCTV equipment, which is located in the ceilings and throughout the store, equipment located at the entry/exits and check stands, and the store's intrusion alarm system).
- Conducts External and Vendor investigations at the direction of the Security Supervisor.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Security Supervisor.
Safety & Food Safety
- Reports all unsafe conditions to store management and the Security Supervisor and takes immediate remedial action whenever an eminent safety or Food Safety hazard is present.
Communication and Training
- Communicates with Management on all loss prevention issues.
- Completes and communicates daily activity log.
- Must be at least 20 years of age.
- Must have a High School education or equivalent, college degree preferred.
- Must pass a drug test.
- Subject to a criminal background check. Must not have any felony convictions or other convictions relating, in any way, to work which must be performed under this job description, including, but not limited to, sexual misconduct, inappropriate activity with a minor, theft, embezzlement, violence or other factors that might endanger Albertsons, its associates, customers, reputation, or assets.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret signs, shelf labels and date codes.
- Ability to follow written and oral instruction.
- Ability to perform simple mathematical calculations such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division in order to compile, submit, and communicate routine statistical data to the Division Loss Prevention office as required.
- Ability to cooperate and work as a part of a team.
- Ability to learn, understand and apply the information contained in company manuals, loss prevention policies and practices and apply them to store operations.
- Ability to handle confrontational situations and respond quickly to incidents as they occur.
- Must possess basic computer skills necessary to send and receive emails, their attachments, and access computer generated reports.
- Night and weekend work is required.
- Most work conducted in a normal retail setting containing a sales floor, departmental shops, offices, and backrooms.
- Requires frequent walking and standing.
- May be required to work outdoors when conducting an internal or external surveillance.
- May be exposed to heights, dust/and or airborne particles and limited space areas.
- May be required to travel between store locations.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled