State of Montana Child Care Licensing Technician (00693) in Helena, Montana
/ To be considered for any DPHHS Agency position, applicants must complete and submit their application online, as well as upload any required application materials. Successful applicant(s) are required to successfully pass all DPHHS specific background check(s) relevant to each position. /
First review of applications will be Wednesday, November 7, 2018.
Materials Required of Applicants:
(To be considered in this pool, please submit the following)
· Cover letter
(Please type responses in a Word document and attach to application. HELPFUL HINT: When attaching a document, you much check the “relevant document” box to ensure your attachments are uploading correctly to the specific application. Please do not attach more than requested. If you have more than 25 attachments in the system you will need to email these to: firstname.lastname@example.org . Failure to attach the required material will conclude in an incomplete application. You must also keep those relevant boxes checked once you submit your application; if you uncheck the box with an active application it will delete the attachment.)
Job Overview: / / This position provides administrative and technical program support to the Licensure Bureau for all health care and child care facilities and services. Responsibilities include oversight and ongoing review of the initial and renewal processes for legally certified providers (LCP’s) that are participating in the Best Beginnings program; providing technical assistance to providers and consumers of child care facilities and services; assisting in developing policies and procedures related to the legally certified provider; and providing office support services to the Licensure Bureau and some support functions for the Quality Assurance Division.
Major Duties or Responsibilities:
Administrative Program Support
· Provides assistance with initial and renewal processes for legally certified providers and the licensing processes for new and existing child care applicants on a statewide basis. Reviews applications, contacts applicant for additional information if needed, and enters and maintains information in the program database. Provides additional support to Child Care providers, as necessary.
· Assists the public who may be seeking child care services, facility licensure, or inquiring about the license status of a facility.
· Provides information and assistance to providers and consumers of child care facilities and services.
· Provides accurate technical and legal information and necessary referral information to child care providers and potential providers.
· Conducts the criminal and driver services history background checks.
· Functions as the pass-through agent for the Child Care Licensing Program when an FBI background check is required. Processes fingerprint cards according to proper protocol.
· Receives and documents complaints from the public regarding child care facilities and distributes it to appropriate agency personnel.
· Provides assistance in the development and demonstration of policies and procedures within the child care licensing program.
· Provides administrative support services to the licensure bureau including development and ongoing tracking of all new and existing provider applications, correspondence, proof reading, editing, answering the telephone, email correspondence, and technical support to child care field staff.
Technical Program Support
· Enters and maintains initial material required for child care facility staff approval into the CCUBS system prior to license/registration approval. Responsible for follow-up with any renewal information.
· Provides assistance with data entry of new caregivers.
· Records changes in license/registration status, and other changes which require a new certificate to be printed.
· Initiates development and the initial statistical inquiry necessary for the key indicator system that will be used to guide the licensing administrative processes.
· Maintains system integrity by regularly reviewing key indicators of compliance, compiling statistical information and working as part of a team to revamp indicators and process in accordance with department policy.
· Develops, maintains, and analyzes data reports.
· Coordinates with the Childcare Under the Big Sky (CCUBS) liaison on behalf of the program manager to prioritize and authorize System Support Tasks (SST) and Decision Information Requests (DIR) to control system change through a collaborative process involving Technology Services Division, Early Childhood Services Bureau, and Child Care Licensing Program staff.
Physical and Environmental Demands: This position works in a typical office environment and requires extensive keyboarding. This position requires some travel for purposes of assisting field staff in office operations, technical assistance with computers, and other identified administrative needs. There may be lifting associated, not to exceed 50 lbs.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Required for the first day of work:
· Knowledge of office procedures.
· Knowledge of database management.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Effective decision-making and problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work effectively with others.
· Ability to provide effective and professional customer service.
· Ability to use professional judgment and discretion in decision making.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and recognize potentially sensitive issues.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work.
· Ability to multitask.
· Ability to operate personal computer and general office equipment as necessary to complete essential functions, including using spreadsheets, word processing, database, email, internet, and other computer programs.
· Ability to assimilate to a growing and changing work environment.
Required Minimum and Education Experience:
· High school diploma or equivalent
· One to two years of job-related work experience
· Experience using Excel is preferred.
· Other directly related combinations of education/experience may be considered.
Title: Child Care Licensing Technician (00693)
Requisition ID: 18142593