CBRE Director, Advisory and Transactions, Remote in Helena, Montana
Director, Advisory and Transactions, Remote
Areas of Interest
Dallas - Texas - United States of America, Phoenix - Arizona - United States of America, Remote - US - Remote - US - United States of America, San Francisco - California - United States of America
Join our high-performing team of real estate experts at CBRE, the global leader in commercial real estate services. We are seeking an Advisory & Transactions Leadwho will be a driving member of our dedicated account team andwork side-by-side with our growing and dynamic client. Our Advisory & Transactions Lead will be experienced with real estate deals and projects and have the expertise to formulate and implement real estate strategies. Our Advisory & Transactions Lead will be a resourceful and proactive individual who is a strategic thinker, a creative problem-solver and adept in portfolio optimization, deal negotiation and speed to market strategies for a wide range of assets including office, industrial, research and development, and manufacturing. This exciting environment is extremely fast paced and continuously evolving with a high degree of ambiguity requiring our Advisory & Transactions Lead to be skilled in strategic decision-making, process excellence, collaboration, and effective organizational communication.
· Lead the achievement of strategic real estate goals and deliverables for a growing and dynamic client with an array of asset types
· Provide expert oversight and management of transactions and brokerage teams in deal term optimization, execution of transactions and other real estate projects
· Assist the transactions team with the acquisition, management, and disposal of land and facilities, including metro planning, facility location, site acquisition/disposition, and leasing
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Devise and implement real estate plans with an understanding of the client's strategic real estate goals. Craft real estate strategies for portfolio optimization which drive operational efficiencies and synergies across business needs and asset classes
· Understand key client business issues, supplement standard techniques and tools with innovative approaches, evaluate and validate analysis and develop/deliver recommendations
Coordinate with CBRE line of business platform (i.e., subject matter experts, geographic resources, etc.) to research opportunities, solve complex requirements and provide innovative ideas
Effectively guide, supervise, and manage a team responsible for performing a large volume and variety of real estate transaction projects in a fast-paced environment and contribute value-added expertise to optimize the business terms and conditions relating to a wide variety of commercial real estate product including land, office, retail, and industrial space
Assist with project initiation and scope definition, prioritization of assignments, and adherence to client-driven priorities, commitments, and milestones including Requests for Proposals (RFPs), proposal comparison packages, letters of intent, and broker's opinions of value, etc.
· Collaborate with client to forecast and develop annual real estate plans and implement strategies for achieving savings and cost avoidance goals
· Design the framework for financial modelling and translate the data analyzed into a story
· As needed, identify future business direction related to growth, labor, market changes and other issues that could impact real estate requirements or provide insights relative to strategic and/or optimization-focused initiatives
· As appropriate, develop benchmarks for assets within the client's real estate portfolio to identify trends, risks, and opportunities
· Adhere to all state real estate agency requirements. Ensure compliance with CBRE's corporate policies including those related to identifying and mitigating potential conflicts of interest
· Work closely with CBRE and/or client's Lease Administration, Project Management, Facility Management, and Finance/Accounting teams to ensure integration and end-to-end delivery between the service lines
· Perform other duties as may be assigned
· Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university OR equivalent combined experience and education
· Real Estate Salesperson license and minimum 7 years experience negotiating and transacting commercial real estate deals. Experience in the Technology and Industrial sectors preferred
· Minimum 7 years of experience successfully leading and delivering consulting engagements for occupier clients related to Commercial Real Estate Advisory and Strategy
· Is creative and eager to deliver high-quality solutions in a fast-paced environment
· Is curious, has a broad mindset and able to deal with ambiguity
Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously
Has demonstrated leadership and supervisorial skills and is collaborative in a team environment
Is a strong communicator, is inspiring and can make persuasive presentations on complex topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups
· Able to solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations, often amid unknown circumstances or ambiguity, requiring expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic solutions
Able to review, analyze, and interpret financial analysis templates including book and cash flow projections, NPV (net present value), and/or IRR (internal rate of return) financial analyses
Able to conceptualize the framework for collecting data, analyzing the data, and translating it into a story/recommendation
· Advanced computer software application (both Microsoft suite of products and Google suite of products) and Internet navigational skills.
· Able to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing
NOTE: An additional requirement for this role is the ability to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, which may include COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing.
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa sponsorship now or in the future
•*Colorado Residents: CBRE carefully considers multiple factors to determine compensation, including a candidate’s education, training, and experience. The minimum salary for the Director, Advisory and Transactions position is $160,000 annually and the maximum salary for the Director, Advisory and Transactions position is $180,000 annually. The compensation that is offered to a successful candidate will depend on the candidate’s skills, qualifications, and experience. Successful candidates will also be eligible for a discretionary bonus based on CBRE’s applicable benefit program.
CBRE is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer with a long-standing commitment to providing equal employment opportunity to all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, pregnancy, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, veteran status, political belief, or any other basis protected by applicable law.
NOTE: Some, but not all, of our positions may have an additional requirement to comply with COVID-19 health and safety protocols, including COVID-19 vaccination proof and/or rigorous testing. If you have questions about the requirement(s) for this position, please inform your Recruiter.
CBRE, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer (Women/Minorities/Persons with Disabilities/US Veterans)