CDM Smith Director, Total Rewards in Helena, Montana
CDM Smith is seeking a Director, Total Rewards. This role heads the firm’s Global Human Resource Total Rewards (TR) Team and function (i.e., Compensation and Benefits). Establishes, maintains, and continuously improves the firm’s total rewards philosophy, strategy, guidelines, and principles. Defines industry/market leading programs and policies related to benefits, long-term incentives, compensation, and employee wellness.
Reports to the Chief HR Officer (CHRO) and works directly with the Executive Leadership Team and the Compensation Committee of the Board. Partners with the retirement committee with the finance office to oversee retirement plan (i.e., 401K) administration. Leads benchmark activities and market competitiveness through strategically managing salary, pay structure and mix, and is responsible for job leveling and benchmarking.
• Leads and advises the development of organization-wide consistent total rewards strategy, programs, policies, and processes. Works collaboratively with other business unit leaders and HR function leadership to build employee reward programs tailored to the organization’s unique objectives and culture. Creates awareness and communication efforts related to industry leading total reward programs.
• Leads, review and approves the selection of benefit providers/vendors. Reviews policies and strategies for annual open enrollment and life event changes. Approves benefits process and program modifications. Responsible for administering and managing Service Level Agreements (SLAs) for brokers, consultants, insurers, and vendors to ensure timely customer service, problem resolution and accurate plan administration. Ensures that Benefits and Compensation programs are in compliance with all legally required rules and regulations.
• Working with the CHRO and CEO leads executive compensation and management incentive programs and practices. Serves as a liaison to the CHRO, CEO and Chair of the Compensation Committee.
• Establishes and maintains the firm’s job evaluation framework, define job structures and levels. Assesses market positioning and benchmarking.
• Leader of the day-to-day hiring, retention, and workload of team members. Provides feedback on performance appraisals. Manages the development and training of team members.
• Oversees the management of the annual compensation cycle and variable pay/incentive programs.
• Designs and implements executive compensation strategy and plans.
• Ensures integration and alignment between compensation, benefits, and other total rewards programs.
• Ensures alignment between total rewards programs and other HR programs (e.g., alignment between compensation and performance management programs).
Director, Total Rewards
• Bachelor's degree.
• 12 years of related experience with at least 4 of those years in a management or leadership capacity
• Equivalent additional directly related experience will be considered in lieu of a degree.
Domestic and/or international travel may be required. The frequency of travel is contingent on specific duties, responsibilities, and the essential functions of the position, which may vary depending on workload and project demands.
• Graduate degree preferred.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship status, genetics, protected veteran status or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Why CDM Smith?:
Check out this video and find out why our team loves to work here! (https://www.cdmsmith.com/en/Video/Meet-CDM-Smith)
Join Us! CDM Smith – where amazing career journeys unfold.
Imagine a place committed to offering an unmatched employee experience. Where you work on projects that are meaningful to you. Where you play an active part in shaping your career journey. Where your co-workers are invested in you and your success. Where you are encouraged and supported to do your very best and given the tools and resources to do so. Where it’s a priority that the company takes good care of you and your family.
Our employees are the heart of our company. As an employer of choice, our goal is to provide a challenging, progressive and inclusive work environment which fosters personal leadership, career growth and development for every employee. We value passionate individuals who challenge the norm, deliver world-class solutions and bring diverse perspectives. Join our team, and together we will make a difference and change the world.
Job Site Location:
United States - Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No - We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
• Excellent people leader and teammate with coaching and consulting skills and ability to influence decisions to a positive business outcome.
• Excellent communication and relationship management skills (i.e., collaboration and team work).
• Demonstrates and delivers progressive TR programs and activities both internally and externally which help support business growth.
• Ability to provide guidance to ensure the compensation and benefit practices and policies enhance the organization’s ability to attract and retain talent.
• Ability to work across business units / geographies and familiar with a variety of the compensation and benefit concepts, practices, and procedures.
• Extensive analytical and consultative skills. Strong excel skills and high attention to detail.
• Knowledge of process and continuous improvement methodologies.
• Extensive knowledge of global reward policies, laws, and regulations.
• Must have strong leading and working experience in both compensation and benefits functions.
• Working experience in a AEC firm (i.e., engineering, infrastructure, etc.), Professional Services, Government Contracting and/or Project-based Consulting Organization.
Background Check and Drug Testing Information:
CDM Smith reserves the right to require background checks including criminal, employment, education, licensure, etc. as well as credit and motor vehicle when applicable for certain positions. In addition, CDM Smith may conduct drug testing for designated positions. Background checks are conducted after an offer of employment has been made in the United States. The timing of when background checks will be conducted on candidates for positions outside the United States will vary based on country statutory law but in no case, will the background check precede an interview. CDM Smith will conduct interviews of qualified individuals prior to requesting a criminal background check, and no job application submitted prior to such interview shall inquire into an applicant's criminal history. If this position is subject to a background check for any convictions related to its responsibilities and requirements, employment will be contingent upon successful completion of a background investigation including criminal history. Criminal history will not automatically disqualify a candidate. In addition, during employment individuals may be required by CDM Smith or a CDM Smith client to successfully complete additional background checks, including motor vehicle record as well as drug testing.
U.S. Vaccine Status:
CDM Smith Inc. and its divisions and subsidiaries (hereafter collectively referred to as “CDM Smith”) are committed to your health and safety. CDM Smith and its employees adhere to all applicable government and client COVID-19 requirements.