Pearson Manager, Product Marketing & Portfolio - Educational Publishing in Helena, Montana
The K12 Career & Technical Education (CTE) Development, in partnership with instructors, education partners, and schools across North America, provides high school learners with the skills, competencies, credentials and behaviors required to succeed in college or chosen career path. This team is responsible for developing and delivering learning content in new and innovative digital formats, creating cutting-edge learning applications that collect data and use predictive capabilities to provide personalized learning and improve learner outcomes, particularly in a learner’s progression to employment.
The role of the Manager of CTE Product Marketing & Portfolio Analysis is responsible for setting the vision and strategy for the Career Technical Education product portfolio within the K12 education space. The Manager will use deep customer insight and cross-discipline knowledge to drive innovation and growth across the portfolio in collaboration with other Employability, North America, and Global Product team members.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
· Lead for the assessment and development of the K12 CTE Portfolio that establishes successful Go to Market strategies.
· Establish portfolio business case and deliver portfolio/product mix and related KPIs including financial performance, gross profit contribution, and learner outcomes.
· Manage revisions and new product development including reimagining existing content to drive digital innovation.
· Identify growth opportunities in K12 CTE market as well as determine 3rd party K12 partnership engagements that strengthen Pearson’s market offering.
· Collaborate with Employability team members and work as part of a matrix across Pearson to recommend discipline-relevant technology roadmap improvements, and the customer and learner requirements needed to deliver on the value proposition.
· Exhibit a strong understanding of competitive offers and ability to create and articulate a solution with a strong, profitable value proposition for the customer in comparison to the competition.
· Deployment of market research for the collection of empirical data in support of our publishing plan strategies.
· Management of Pearson’s intellectual property sold by 3rd party organization, Savvas Inc., to include leadership of all operational issues in support of this relationship.
· Collect electronic Marketing copy for website buildout and marketing collateral (Descriptions, Author Bios, Images, Book Covers, etc.)
· Provide updates for the MySavvas Training pages for products such as MyLabs, Revel, etc.
· Work in collaboration and partnership with High School Channel-specific sales and marketing, to build a strong future product pipeline.
· Leadership role in review and selection of titles for State Contract bids and District RFPs for K12 CTE-specific courses.
· Review of sales by CTE cluster vs fiscal goals. Review alignment of CTE sales to product development strategic plan recommendations.
· Develop roadmap with internal/external partners for print, digital and products supporting certification opportunities with an emphasis on strengthening Pearson’s engagement in K12 with MyLab, Revel, etc. products.
· Initiate, request, and engage in review of marketing deployments/collateral created by 3rd party providers to ensure accurate market messaging.
· Negotiate with authors and producers on contract terms and agreements. Point person with Legal contacts on all contractual accords.
· Prioritize diversity, equity, and inclusion to ensure our products are representative of the educators and learners we serve.
· Provide best in class customer experience, to include management of the customer service relationships within Pearson and those of the Savvas organization; resolve escalation of customer dissonance issues, management of customer SLA’s.
Key Functional Interactions:
· Pearson’s: Customer Service, Customer Success, Supply Chain No America, Pearson VUE/Certiport LOB, Royalties, 3rd party vendors.
· Savvas (3rd Party seller): Customer Service, Line/Campaign Marketing, Contracts/RFP department.
Qualifications - External
· Undergraduate degree required
· 5+ years of relevant sales, marketing, or product development experience. K12/High School experience preferred.
· Highly analytical with the ability to synthesize multiple viewpoints into actionable plans
· Excellent written and oral communication and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively for diverse audiences.
· Intellectually curious with a passion for education and a keen focus on the learner.
· Creative problem solver who uses data to inform decisions.
· Ability to work in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment.
· Experience with developing and adhering to P&Ls and budgets.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
· Knowledge of or ability to learn how to create reports, analyze and leverage labor market data using programs such as Wanted Analytics and/or Burning Glass.
· Negotiation skills.
· Product development experience for online and print learning solutions.
· Understanding of CTE program funding mechanisms and industry credentials
· Travel as needed for such events as sales opportunities, market research, conferences, and other events to develop market insights, strengthen educator community network and drive revenue performance.
The anticipated starting salary range for Colorado-based individuals expressing interest in this position is $95 - 115k (depending on experience). This position is eligible to participate in an annual incentive program.
Benefits available to eligible employees can be seen at: https://pearsonbenefitsus.com/
Organization: North America
Req ID: 1145