Jacobs Material Specialist - Utilities in Helena, Montana
Our People & Places Solutions business – reinforces our drive to improve the lives of people everywhere and epitomizes the "why" of what we do – the tremendous positive impact and value our solutions bring to our communities and society as a whole. From facilities delivering life-saving therapies and ensuring clean water to enabling the connection of people through all modes of transportation and providing access to technology – we're integrating a multitude of these solution elements to build the smart environments of tomorrow.
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
At Jacobs, we’re transforming intangible ideas into innovative solutions designing the future - today. As a Material Specialist in Los Angeles, California, you will too.
You will be accountable to coordinate materials and equipment for capital Distribution projects, customer driven as well as support Project Managers and project engineers to ensure gas related materials and equipment are appropriately verified off material lists and delivered/confirmed to the correct location. You'll be working with Distribution planning teams, logistic groups, and operating districts to obtain all materials ahead of construction dates and pre inspection of job site materials with delivery dates to support overall project deadlines.
As a valued member of our team, you will confirm availability of material, schedule and confirm delivery, and oversee issues with lack of materials and solutions. You'll prepare and analyze material status reports for project managers.
You will be familiar with all material and equipment involved with the project and have strong material identification skills with the ability to see issues and develop resolutions obtaining project material. We will look to you to resolve discrepancies with materials, availability, cost, and delivery.
You’ll be a part of diverse multi-discipline teams allowing you to both share what you know and learn so you can grow. Join us and we will assist you in continued development of your skills and exploring all that you can do across our global company.
epjobs #naepjobs #remote
Here’s what you’ll need :
· Bachelor's Degree and/or equivalent field and logistical material experience – Preferred
· At least 4 years relevant pipeline materials experience – Required
· Proficient use of the SAP procurement module, SAP material transactions and SAP/CPD work orders. Strong familiar use of SAP/CPD functionality, reporting, work order and material tracking – Required
· Strong computer skills and thorough knowledge of Microsoft 365 applications, including Excel, Word, Teams, and Outlook. Ability to use Excel functions including sorting, filtering, VLOOKUP – Required
· Thorough knowledge of gas materials, including pipe, vessels and equipment Intermediate
· Thorough knowledge of Company Material Specifications and drawings/as built plans and material list review (engineering drawings and IFC designs)
· Thorough knowledge of Company procurement practices and policies
· Effective communication skills (oral and written)
· High level of attention to detail and organization
· Have a strong relationship with other distributers to find alternatives in a short amount of time
· Prepare/Review Bill of Materials based on project drawings
· Assist Project teams in identifying material codes to match their needs
· Entry of BOM into SAP for material reservations, identifying potential shortages
· Prepare reservation checklist which lists and confirms material availability and any actions needed by others
· Prepare Material Issue Requests (MIR) to meet delivery requests based on Construction dates.
· Order non-stock code materials
· Provide possible substitutions based on available inventory for approval and update reservation accordingly
· Complete Material Transfers as needed
· Prepare Material Return Forms and process material returns
· Pre-alert Purchasing team of material needs, when ROS date is not within the normal purchase lead times
· Provide Project teams with updated information on their reservations, ensuring all material needs are available and/or will be met
· Communicate directly with Field Engineers & Construction Managers to help fill material needs on an urgent basis
· Assist with material records needs for closeout
· Verify Material Documentation is complete
· SAP procurement, logistics processes, and material oversight following reservations to acceptance to district delivery for work execution
· May require travel to Valencia or other operating districts in the SCG operating territory
· The successful candidate must be able to accurately and timely track material input, assist with project material coding and selection and interact with other teams daily.
· Reviewing mixture reports for accuracy and compliance to the specified requirements.
· Close coordination with buying process is essential to confirm that all work on the project has incorporated only acceptable and documented material as a part of the completed work
Jacobs’ health and welfare benefits are designed to invest in you, and in the things you care about. Your health. Your well-being. Your security. Your future. Employees have access to medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance, a 401(k) plan, and the ability to purchase company stock at a discount. Eligible employees may also enroll in a deferred compensation plan or the Executive Deferral Plan. Jacobs has an unlimited U.S. Personalized Paid Time Off (PPTO) policy for full-time salaried/exempt employees, seven paid holidays, one floating holiday, and caregiver leave. And certain roles may be eligible for additional rewards, including merit increases, performance discretionary bonus, and stock.
The base salary range for this position is $67,300 to $88,350. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.
At Jacobs, we’re challenging today to reinvent tomorrow by solving the world’s most critical problems for thriving cities, resilient environments, mission-critical outcomes, operational advancement, scientific discovery and cutting-edge manufacturing, turning abstract ideas into realities that transform the world for good. With $15 billion in revenue and a talent force of more than 60,000, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of professional services including consulting, technical, scientific and project delivery for the government and private sector.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), age, medical condition, marital or domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression and transgender status, mental disability or physical disability, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship, low-income status or any other status or characteristic protected by applicable law. Learn more about your rights under Federal EEO laws and supplemental language.