Rose International INC .Net Developer in Helena, Montana
Position Title: .Net Developer
Position Number: 295675
Location: Helena, MT
Desired Skill Set:
C#, SQL, State Agency experience, Test Cases
C2C and STEM-OPT are not available
Only U.S. Citizens and those authorized to work in the U.S. can be considered as W2 candidates.
Location: Helena, MT 59601
Duration: 10/2019 with optional extension thru June 2020
Pay Rate Range: $60-$70/hr W-2
Req ID: JUS-CEP-2019-0039T
On-site Computer Programmer is being sought (starting October 2018) to write and test code for the Driver Modernization (DM) project. The goal of the DM project is focused on translating the business design/requirements, developing the application code, testing, completing data conversion, and conducting the user training necessary to move driver records off the mainframe into the MERLIN application. DM, the final phase of MERLIN, will deliver a unified driver licensing and driver records management application integrated with vehicle title and registration, dealer licensing, inventory, and financial tracking. A team of MVD subject matter experts, contracted Business Analysts (BA), and a data conversion specialist are documenting the DM business design/requirements and data conversion.
The Computer Programmer(s) selected for this position will analyze user requirements/business rules, write code, update and expand existing code, debug programs by testing for and fixing errors, analyze and design databases within an application area, and design application or systems interfaces. In addition, responsibilities include maintaining a bug tracking system and historical records documenting program development and revisions.
Successful candidate(s) will work closely with the Business System Architect, and report to Lead Developer. Projected work hours are projected at 20 to 40 hours per week for a year with the possibility of contract extensions.
The mission of the MVD is to identify and promote efficient, cost-effective programs that benefit the interests, safety and well-being of Montana citizens through licensing, registering and regulating the motoring activities of the public. In accordance with this responsibility, the MVD is subject to specific provisions of Montana Code Annotated Title 61 Chapters 1 – 13, associated State laws, Federal regulations and vital business process mandates. Contracted services are essential to provide project oversight for MERLIN DM project planning.
Objectives of this CEP:
Secure qualified, experienced, onsite in Helena, Montana, computer programmer(s) to work with the JITSD development team.
Deliver computer programming expertise to complete the final phase of the MERLIN project.
Oversee/execute code builds/migrations to development, test, and production environments.
Work with DM Business Analysts and Test Teams to ensure developed code exercises MVD business need.
Perform unit testing.
Assist in day to day operation and maintenance of the MERLIN system.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, software engineering, mathematics, computer engineering or a closely related field and four (4) years of job-related work experience in this field.
• Skilled in C# and Structured Query Language (SQL) programming languages.
• Fluency and experience with American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators (AAMVA) technology standards, data elements, message exchange protocols, and coding standards.
• Solid technical background, with understanding or hands-on experience in software development, system monitoring, and web technologies.
• Accomplished in software development utilities, database technology, hardware architecture, and software development lifecycle processes.
• Strong organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills.
• Complex problem solver, and critical thinker.
• Proficiency in conducting tests and inspections of software, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
• Effective communicator, both oral and written – can present technical concepts in a way that is appropriate for the needs of the audience.
• Self-starter who effectively manages their time, and the time of others.
• Complete working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
Send me a reminder to complete this application
Rose International is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender (expression or identity), national origin, arrest and conviction records, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. Positions located in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California will be administered in accordance with their respective Fair Chance Ordinances.
Rose International has an official agreement (ID #132522), effective June 30, 2008, with the U.S. Department of Homeland Security, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Employment Verification Program (E-Verify).
(Posting required by OCGA 13/10-91.)