Oracle Product Manager/Strategy 4-ProdDev in Helena, Montana
Lead a team that acts as the central resource and driving force for the design, process, manufacturing, test, quality and marketing of product(s) as they move from conception to distribution. Organize interdepartmental activities ensuring completion of the project/product on schedule and within budget.
Oracle Cloud Infrastructure (OCI) is aimed at meeting the most demanding requirements for performance, security, and enterprise. Our customers trust their businesses to our cloud and our mission is to provide them with best-in-class compute, storage, networking, database, security, and an ever-expanding set of foundational cloud-based services. We are the platform on which current and future Oracle SaaS applications will run. With hundreds of thousands of customers around the globe, our solutions are being used by businesses ranging from startups to the Fortune 100, from grade schools to graduate schools, and from counties to countries.
As a Principal Product Manager on the OCI Platform team, you will be spearheading the creation of services and features that the world’s largest customers need to successfully adopt the cloud. The Platform team is responsible for the features and services that customers need to control their resources, manage spending and secure their environment. We build tools for account management, identity & access management, metering, billing, and tagging that allow customers to use the cloud effectively and efficiency while optimizing for cost and maintaining security governance. Our technologies integrate into all OCI services and span across OCI’s growing global footprint of cloud regions. They must be user-friendly, hyper-scalable, very low-latency, and always correct while meeting increasingly complex business and customer requirements. You will work with a diverse set of stakeholders including senior executives, architects, development teams, and external partners to take ideas, turn them into mature products, and put them in the hands of the world’s most demanding customers.
The successful candidate will have a passion for solving difficult problems in a collaborative, agile work environment, a knack for creativity and innovative thinking, and a strong sense of empathy for both customers and engineering teams.
This role is based in the United States.
• Identify, define and prioritize products and features
• Represent product roadmap and strategy to customers and stakeholders
• Work directly with key customers to understand their requirements and devise creative solutions to their problems
• Write product definitions and user stories as an input to product design
• Collaborate with development and UX teams to iterate on and refine designs
• Create content to help enable customer success
• Define, measure, and manage customer experience and business performance goals
• Proactively identify and resolve risks and issues that might otherwise derail projects
• Become an expert in and drive the vision for one or more Platform product areas
• Be an advocate for the customer through the product lifecycle
• BS in Computer Science or related discipline
• 6+ years of relevant hands-on product management experience with cloud or enterprise software
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to define and shape the business strategy for large product areas
• Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple competing priorities simultaneously
• Proven track record of successfully shipping new products in an agile environment
• MBA or MS degree in a technical discipline
• Hands-on experience with identity, access management, or corporate governance solutions
• Technical domain knowledge or public cloud technologies and/or distributed systems
Range and benefit information provided in this posting are specific to the stated location(s)
New York City Pay Range: from $113,400 to $204,200 per annum; eligible for bonus and equity.
Colorado Pay Range: from $101,400 to $193,400 per annum; eligible for bonus and equity.
Oracle maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience and market conditions, as well as reflect Oracle’s differing products, industries and lines of business.
Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity.
Oracle offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
Short term disability and long term disability
Life insurance and AD&D
Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
Flexible paid time off (unlimited or accrued vacation and sick leave)
Paid parental leave
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Financial planning and group legal
Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance
As a world leader in cloud solutions, Oracle uses tomorrow’s technology to tackle today’s problems. True innovation starts with diverse perspectives and various abilities and backgrounds.
When everyone’s voice is heard, we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. It’s why we’re committed to expanding our inclusive workforce that promotes diverse insights and perspectives.
We’ve partnered with industry-leaders in almost every sector—and continue to thrive after 40+ years of change by operating with integrity.
Oracle careers open the door to global opportunities where work-life balance flourishes. We offer a highly competitive suite of employee benefits designed on the principles of parity and consistency. We put our people first with flexible medical, life insurance and retirement options. We also encourage employees to give back to their communities through our volunteer programs.
We’re committed to including people with disabilities at all stages of the employment process. If you would like accessibility assistance or accommodation for a disability at any point, let us know at +1.888.404.2494, Option 1.
Certain US customer or client-facing roles may be required to comply with applicable requirements, such as immunization and occupational health mandates.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer*. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
* Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer