Nelnet Program Manager in Helena, Montana
Nelnet is a diversified and innovative company committed to enriching lives through the power of service as a student loan servicer, professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payments processor, and K-12 and higher education expert. For over 40 years, Nelnet has been serving its customers, associates, and communities.
The perks of working at Nelnet go beyond our benefits package. When you join the Nelnet team, you're part of a community invested in the success of each individual. That support comes through in our work, as we are united by our mission of creating opportunities for people where they live, learn, and work.
Responsible for the oversite of the individual projects within a program. Work with others to coordinate timelines, budget, and resources to complete work within program guidelines\timeline and report on progress, changes to plan.
This position requires work in support of the Company’s contract with the United States Department of Education (“ED”). As such, the United States Government requires that any applicant for this position must complete United States Government security clearance. Effective June 1, 2018, ED has informed Nelnet that security clearance applications for foreign nationals are not being accepted or processed. In light of this direction from ED, Nelnet will be unable to hire applicants without United States citizenship for such positions.
Colorado Candidates: Pay range for this role is $80,000-140,000
Responsible for articulating a program’s strategy and objectives and assessing how it will impact the business.
Drive the definition and oversight of all dependencies needed to reach the program’s overall goals.
Proactively ensure that all dependency timelines are being met.
Responsible for the overall budget of the program.
Track deliverables across the entire program.
Identify and evaluate risk in order to inform stakeholders of mitigation options
Aide in driving conversations to closure across the program, defining next steps, and ensuring follow up tasks have owners.
Interfaces and consults with managers, Directors and Executives within the organization to coordinate activities.
Promotes teamwork and cooperation.
Participates in project review, development, and implementation processes.
Provides management reporting.
Establishes client or vendor relationships as needed. Monitors systems, analyzes problems, and takes corrective action and/or coordinates corrective action with the client and within the team or department.
Reviews and lends input to technical project plans and implementation plans.
Establishes metrics and goals to measure process success and opportunities for improvement.
Responsible for individual’s matrixed to the project/process in terms of communication, tasks, deadlines, and issues related to the delivery of the project/process.
Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or equivalent experience.
- 3 to 8 years of experience in software development industry with strong expertise in delivery lifecycle management.
COMPETENCIES – SKILLS/KNOWLEDGE/ABILITIES:
• Challenge prevailing assumptions when appropriate
• Identify short-term, tactical technology alternatives that result in immediate business value
• Balance the need for experimentation and managed risk with the desire to maintain the existing systems and processes
• Continually strive for improvements in delivery of services and solutions
• Willing to adapt to changing technology and business landscapes
• Remains present and engaged while working through ambiguity
• Considers change as opportunities to be challenged and grow
• Helps others adapt to changing environments
• Makes time to help team members regardless of organizational boundaries
• Explores concepts, ideas, and alternatives to reach outcomes that gain acceptance and support of all participants
• Strives to foster an environment of teamwork and unity that allows for constructive conflict, deliberation of ideas and appreciation of diversity
• Seeks out opinions and thoughts of others without regard for organizational boundaries
• Influences, motivates and inspires others through direct and indirect means to accomplish organizational and team objectives and goals
• Strives to be self-aware of personal behaviors that limit collaboration and teamwork
• Adapts style of communication to match audience and information sharing needs
• Actively pursues bi-directional sharing of ideas and information
• Speaks and writes effectively with cohesion and clarity
• Asks for input, listens actively and seeks to ensure all opinions are heard
- Strategic Focus
• Understands the overall business and technology goals and objectives
• Strives to view things from a business perspective and a genuine desire to do what's right
• Acts as a trusted adviser while seeking short-term wins and long-term benefits
- Problem Solving
• Uses analytical ability and creative thinking to break problems down into manageable components
• Thinks open mindedly and considers all alternatives
• Identifies well thought out, comprehensive alternatives
• Takes responsibility for ensuring problems are worked to a complete resolution
- Technical Expertise
• Responsible for overall management and delivery of the Program. Monitor the progress of project within the program to ensure the overall goals, schedules, budget, and benefits of the program are achieved
• Ensures that program and projects are organized and executed in a consistent manner within established enterprise standards
• Assists the management team with the planning of the long-term and mid-term goals of the program
• Assists the project teams with planning for the delivery of short term goals (i.e. increment and sprint goals)
• Facilitates program level processes and execution, escalate impediments, manages risk, manages dependencies, and helps drive program-level continuous improvement
• Responsible for the creation and communication of program and project performance and progress metrics
• Monitors and reports on overall status of programs and projects
• Ability to analyze complex problems, interpret operational needs, and develop creative solutions in a technical environment
Our benefits package includes medical, dental, vision, HSA and FSA, generous earned time off, 401K/student loan repayment, life insurance & AD&D insurance, employee assistance program, employee stock purchase program, tuition reimbursement, performance-based incentive pay, short- and long-term disability, and a robust wellness program. Click here to learn more about our benefits: LINK (http://nelnetinc.com/careers/benefits/) .
Nelnet is an Equal Opportunity Employer, complies with Executive Order 11246, and takes affirmative action to ensure that qualified applicants are employed, and that employees are treated during employment, without regard to race, color, religion/creed, national origin, gender, or sex, marital status, age, disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, sexual orientation, military/veteran status, or any other status protected by Federal or State law or local ordinance.
Qualified individuals with disabilities who require reasonable accommodations in order to apply or compete for positions at Nelnet may request such accommodations by contacting Corporate Recruiting at 402-486-5725 or email@example.com .
Nelnet is a Drug Free and Tobacco Free Workplace.
You may know Nelnet as the nation’s largest student loan servicer – but we do more than that. A lot more. We’re also a professional services company, consumer loan originator and servicer, payment processor, renewable energy innovator, and K-12 and higher education expert (and that’s just a shortlist). For over 40 years, we’ve been serving our customers, associates, and communities to make dreams possible.
EEO Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-poster.pdf) | EEO Letter (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/EEO-Jeffs-Letter.pdf) | EPPA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/Employee-Polygraph-Protection-Act-Poster.pdf) | FMLA Info (https://nelnetinc.com/wp-content/uploads/FMLA-Leave.pdf)