VMware R2106726 Member of Technical Staff II (VMC) - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Helena, Montana
We have the ultimate journey for you!
As well as working for one of the best technology companies in the world, under the leadership of the best CEO (voted by Glassdoor), working on the VMC on AWS team will help build out the next stage career journey.
Insights into your Role:
The VMware Cloud on AWS Autoscaler team is part of our Cloud Platform Business Unit (CPBU). This R&D organization is responsible for vSphere, our Core Virtualization Infrastructure, and Solutions for Enterprise Virtualization, Cloud initiatives. As a member of our team, you will architect, design and build software to provide Availability and Autoscaling cluster features for virtual machines and containers. You will develop highly distributed and available SaaS layer that is highly scalable, manageable, and fault tolerant as well. You would work in an environment where innovation is fostered and encouraged. Come join the VMware Cloud on AWS Autoscaler team and be a part of a team that will help build out the next stage career journey.
As a member of the VMC Autoscaler team you’ll be part of a bright engineering team that is working on some of cutting-edge Cloud features like Outposts, AutoRemediation, Elastic-DRS /Elastic Cluster and Multi-AZ. If you have a real passion for building cloud systems that are highly scalable, manageable, and fault tolerant, then you will fit right in.
You’ll create innovative solutions and solve complex problems and take ownership of meaningful, big-picture projects to springboard an impactful career. Become immersed in all aspects of our innovative and collaborative culture, and ensure you get the full VMware experience. You’ll interact with industry thought leaders at one of our world-class campuses and enjoy networking, community service, and career development events.
You’ll be responsible for:
· Design and develop Autoscaling and Availability solutions for VMware hybrid cloud
· Use Agile methodologies to develop and test the new features
· Collaborate with other team members to support the lifecycle of new features
· Fostering a culture of innovation within the team
· Leading and delivering cross team projects
· MS or PhD in Computer Science.
· Strong coding skills in working with Java programming
· Must be motivated, detail-oriented, and the ability to thrive in a team environment
· Strong analytical skills, good judgment and passion for your work
· Industry experience involving significant design and development
· Experience with Cloud based services, Microservices, Cloud Computing or similar experience
· Experience developing distributed, multithreaded applications
· Good teamwork and communication skills
· Exposure to container technologies, orchestrators, Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm Mode, Rabbit MQ is highly desirable
· Ability to work independently as well as in small teams
· Solid verbal and written communication skills
· Cross-platform experience is desirable
· Knowledge of distributed systems, availability zones/fault domains
Due to the Biden Administration issuing an Executive Order (EO) that effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all U.S. based VMware employees will be required to have their final vaccination dose (e.g., second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or single dose of J&J) by January 4, 2022. Specifically, this means that all U.S. based VMware employees will need to be fully vaccinated by January 18th, 2022, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-04-15
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.