Marriott Regional Manager - Internal Controls (RMIC) in Helena, Montana
Job Number 22182561
Job Category Finance & Accounting
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
The Regional Manager of Internal Controls (RMIC) is a key member of the MSB MxM organization. This position is responsible for evaluating and improving the operational effectiveness and control environment for Marriott Select Branded hotels in North America. The RMIC is responsible for reducing costs at the property level by analyzing current accounting procedures and practices and identifying areas for improvement. They will achieve this by sharing best practices, creating, and delivering training to hotel associates in order to obtain optimum efficiency, and conducting Financial Control Audits to ensure compliance with control standards.
• Conduct financial controls audits (FCA). Audit, troubleshoot, and recommend corrective actions of accounting and financial procedures.
• Partner with property management to implement/enhance controls.
• Evaluate property self FCA results to determine key control gaps and actions to improve.
• Review FCA reports for audits conducted by the Bench Team to ensure reports are complete.
• Create annual audit plan to include the scope of the FCA, number of FCA’s to be completed by the above property team, documentation required for audit support, and identify key risk areas for control reviews.
• Identify key financial risks and design above property review processes and documentation to mitigate risks, including exception reviews, exception approval process, and systemic updates to improve processes.
• Initiate annual and on-going review of the sales tax process, to include planning for audit documentation, set up for new hotels, pull through changes to state tax codes.
• Conduct on-property financial training for new General Managers and/or as requested by the Area Directors or the Finance team.
• Partner with America’s Finance team to pull through SOP changes and updated controls as needed.
• Create content and lead financial training for the MSB hotels to increase knowledge of control standards/processes and ultimately drive operational excellence.
• Review financial reports; identify regional trends and areas for financial improvement. To include reviewing miscellaneous other sales revenue accounts (i.e., groceries, OCV, valet, etc.)against costs to ensure that, revenue is maximized and posted properly.
• Partner with Area Directors and General Managers to resolve issues that negatively impact the financial statement. Develop action plans focused on financial improvement.
• Assist the MxM MSB and AHS organizations in project recommendations and process changes for systems and technology, including but not limited to Fosse, PeopleSoft, Concur, Pcard, My Digital Office, Freedom Pay, etc.
• Create and publish quarterly newsletter highlighting key control processes, and fraud issues, as well as mitigation strategies.
• Assist with hotel openings, divestitures, and conversions, including process set up, taxes, and other related activities.
• Review Process/Control narratives annually for edits and make adjustments as needed.
• Lead review hotel level Accounts Receivable, Guest Ledger, P-card/Corporate card transactions to identify risk and communicate with impacted hotels.
• Act as a Brand Champion; support all Brand and Regional financial initiatives with active participation, including revenue enhancement and expense related projects.
• Be an ambassador for sharing financial best practices with all hotels in the Region, including items such as chargeback reductions, revenue collection and recording.
Performs other duties as assigned.
Ability to travel approximately 40-60%
Education & Experience
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance or a related field and four (4) years of experience; OR Equivalent of relevant work experience
Knowledge and Skills
• Thorough knowledge of the principles, procedures, and techniques of accounting, and of financial records and transactions including, but not limited to, generally accepted accounting principals.
• Strong communications (verbal and written), organization and presentation skills
• Knowledge of purchasing, inventory controls, supplies and equipment
• Knowledge of overall hotel operations and governances
• Systems skills, including MS Office and hotel systems (Peoplesoft, Fosse, Atlas,, etc.)
• Microsoft Excel skills (including ability to create and use advanced functions such as VLOOKUP, pivot tables, graphs/charts)
• Ability to analyze data across multiple reporting sources and create savvy reports detailing trends, projections, etc.
• Ability to work independently and take initiative; strong time management skills
• Ability to translate financial concepts into actionable business strategies and tactics
• Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others at all levels, including senior management
• Effective change management skills
• Performs other duties as assigned
Colorado Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $68,775 to $133,653 annually and offers health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
Colorado Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $68,775.00 to $133,653.00 annually.
New York City & Westchester County, NY Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $83,216.00 to $147,015.00 annually.
All Locations offer health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. We believe a great career is a journey of discovery and exploration. So, we ask, where will your journey take you?