Ford Motor Company Senior Engineering Manager in Helena, Montana
We are the movers of the world and the makers of the future. We get up every day, roll up our sleeves and build a better world -- together. At Ford, we’re all a part of something bigger than ourselves. What will you make today?
Enterprise Technology plays a critical part in shaping the future of mobility. If you’re looking for the chance to leverage advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience and improve people’s lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help create vehicles that are as smart as you are.
The Ford Motor Credit Company team helps put people behind the wheels of great Ford and Lincoln vehicles. By partnering with dealerships, we provide financing, personalized service and professional expertise to five thousand dealers and more than four million customers in over one hundred countries around the world.
What you'll do...
• Provides hands-on leadership and supervision for a full-stack development team.
• Develops engineering, professional, and career-related skills for software engineers using coaching, mentorship, feedback, and pair programming, in order to grow their skills and abilities.
• Analyze existing architectures and provide architecture consulting and support to modernize environments.
• Facilitates technical architecture discussions around application functionality and integration.
• Works in an XP programming environment which follows pair programming and test-driven development using proven Lean/Agile methods.
• Able to work across a full stack of technologies.
• Reviews on-going production software operations and helps troubleshoot production issues. Incorporates post-incident reviews like postmortems to identify opportunities for improvement.
• Actively participates in all team Agile ceremonies and Employs and/or champions Agile software processes, culture, best practices, and techniques.
Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or similar discipline.
At least 8+ years of experience in a Software Engineering role.
Strong knowledge of SQL and cloud native applications.
Strong knowledge of any Cloud platforms like AWS, GCP or Azure.
Strong knowledge of Software Craftsmanship practices including TDD, Clean Code, Refactoring, etc.
Experience with DevOps/Security tools like Jenkins, 42Crunch, Sonarqube, CheckMarx, FOSSA etc.
Knowledge of working with Agile software methodologies i.e. Scrum, eXtreme Programming, etc.
Proficiency with continuous integration/continuous delivery tools and pipelines (e.g., Jenkins, Maven, Gradle, Tekton, Kubernetes etc.)
Alerting and Monitoring experience with ELK/Dynatrace/Splunk etc.
Strong leadership and communication skills and the ability to coach and teach others.
Drive a vision and develop product roadmaps, while delivering high quality and impactful launches through platform governance.
Develop and grow the team through effective mentoring, coaching, employee development, and retention.
Provide strategic thought leadership to Engineering and Business teams.
Work with lead Product Owner matched pair to coordinate quarterly prioritization process while delivering the quarterly OKRs.
Even better, you may have...
Actively manages the long-term delivery roadmap of the software product.
Understands business and user priorities, and technical feasibility in order to prioritize the product backlog and manage risks.
Defines analytics to be collected regarding the product and prioritizes their collection.
Verifies that the delivered software product meets desired business outcomes.
Gathers user and stakeholder feedback to drive improvements and inform the product roadmap.
Actively manages features and dependencies in and across product releases.
Communicates openly and frequently with the team by being responsive to in-person or in messaging tool prompts.
Actively works to remove impediments and blockers to team delivery.
Identifies risks, and implements mitigation and contingency plans, focused on early mitigation or elimination of risks.
Assesses the overall health of the product and prompts key decisions to move it forward.
You may not check every box, or your experience may look a little different from what we've outlined, but if you think you can bring value to Ford Motor Company, we encourage you to apply!
As an established global company, we offer the benefit of choice. You can choose what your Ford future will look like: will your story span the globe, or keep you close to home? Will your career be a deep dive into what you love, or a series of new teams and new skills? Will you be a leader, a changemaker, a technical expert, a culture builder…or all of the above? No matter what you choose, we offer a work life that works for you, including:
• Immediate medical, dental, and prescription drug coverage
• Flexible family care, parental leave, new parent ramp-up programs, subsidized back-up child care and more
• Vehicle discount program for employees and family members, and management leases
• Tuition assistance
• Established and active employee resource groups
• Paid time off for individual and team community service
• A generous schedule of paid holidays, including the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day
• Paid time off and the option to purchase additional vacation time.
For a detailed look at our benefits, click here:
New Hire Benefits (https://clicktime.symantec.com/15tStbsC9Uh3keghCGhmV?h=iP8v3JlOMLI4il_PxmIpIQQ9ouQCUh438c9VK_Tfiaw=&u=https://fordcareers.co/LL6HTHD)
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status. In the United States, if you need a reasonable accommodation for the online application process due to a disability, please call 1-888-336-0660.
At Ford, the health and safety of our employees is our top priority. Vaccination has been proven to play a critical role in combating COVID-19. As a result, Ford has made the decision to require U.S. salaried employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless employees require an accommodation for religious or medical reasons. Being fully vaccinated means that an individual is at least two weeks past their final dose of an authorized COVID-19 vaccine regimen. As a condition of employment, newly hired employees will be required to provide proof of their COVID-19 vaccination or an approved medical or religious exemption.
Requisition ID : 11575