Oracle Senior Manager, Database Administrator in Helena, Montana
The Oracle Healthcare platform and infrastructure team can provide you the opportunity to build and operate a suite of massive scale, integrated cloud services in a broadly distributed, multi-tenant cloud environment. OHAI is committed to providing the best in cloud products that meet the needs of our customers who are tackling some of the world’s biggest challenges.
We offer unique opportunities for smart, hands-on engineers with the expertise and passion to solve difficult problems in distributed highly available services and virtualized infrastructure.
At every level, our engineers have a significant technical and business impact designing and building innovative new systems to power our customer’s business critical applications.
Healthcare platform is an exciting team working on at the intersection of infrastructure and applications where we are leveraging OCI to transform some of the largest Healthcare applications in the industry. We are making healthcare better for everyone.
To support the vision we are expanding a team of passionate engineers who are Oracle Database experts. We are looking for a tenured leader who can cultivate a culture of advancement and efficiency for these experts in the database project space. Ideal applicants will have extensive hands on Oracle database project experience, logical and physical migrations, upgrades, and patching on-prem and in a cloud. Applicants should have demonstrated their ability to lead remote teams at scale for critical fast-moving projects. They will have current experience in cloud technologies and are interested in expanding their skills in the Cloud. Experience with Exadata Cloud Service and Autonomous database platform migrations are ideal.
This position will be leading a team of skilled Oracle database administrators and SRE's in migrating mission critical hospital systems into OCI regions across the world. The role will look for efficiencies to improve quality and opportunities to advance capability through automation. This will be a hands on position when needed and able to assist with time sensitive project issues and escalations. This role requires excellent organization skills and an ability to manage many concurrent project states while provide transparency to stakeholders.
• 6+ years of progressive leadership of Oracle Database administration teams
• 8+ years of experience as Oracle DBA performing logical/physical migrations
• Bachelor’s degree/master’s degree (Information Technology/Mathematics/Computer Science/Computer Software/Electronics/Operational Research/Computer System Engineering).
• Ability to work in a collaborative, cross-functional team environment.
• Knowledge in Python, Perl and/or Shell Scripting
• Managing production databases running on UNIX flavors (RHEL, OEL).
• Experience with production operations and best practices for change management and escalation procedures
• Able to effectively communicate technical ideas verbally and in writing (technical proposals, design specs, architecture diagrams and presentations)
• Understand the end-to-end configuration, technical dependencies, and overall behavioral characteristics of Oracle database systems
• Oracle Database
• Oracle Grid Infrastructure, ASM & RAC
• Dataguard MAA best practices
• Oracle Cloud
• Oracle Exadata Cloud Service (ExaCS)
• Oracle Autonomous Database
• Oracle Data Management (Partitioning, Compression)
• Oracle Maximum Availability Architecture & Exadata.
• High availability & replication technologies (Data guard, Goldengate)
• Advanced scripting/coding skills (Shell, Perl, and Python)
• Building and managing Linux OS systems with good understanding how the Linux kernel works (IO, Network, etc.) and ability to read and understand source code.
Certain US customer or client-facing roles may be required to comply with applicable requirements, such as immunization and occupational health mandates.
Range and benefit information provided in this posting are specific to the stated locations only
US: Hiring Range: from $101,300 to $223,500 per annum. May be eligible for bonus and equity.
Oracle maintains broad salary ranges for its roles in order to account for variations in knowledge, skills, experience, market conditions and locations, as well as reflect Oracle’s differing products, industries and lines of business.
Candidates are typically placed into the range based on the preceding factors as well as internal peer equity.
Oracle US offers a comprehensive benefits package which includes the following:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance, including expert medical opinion
Short term disability and long term disability
Life insurance and AD&D
Supplemental life insurance (Employee/Spouse/Child)
Health care and dependent care Flexible Spending Accounts
Pre-tax commuter and parking benefits
401(k) Savings and Investment Plan with company match
Paid time off: Flexible Vacation is provided to all eligible employees assigned to a salaried (non-overtime eligible) position. Accrued Vacation is provided to all other employees eligible for vacation benefits. For employees working at least 35 hours per week, the vacation accrual rate is 13 days annually for the first three years of employment and 18 days annually for subsequent years of employment. Vacation accrual is prorated for employees working between 20 and 34 hours per week. Employees working fewer than 20 hours per week are not eligible for vacation.
11 paid holidays
Paid sick leave: 72 hours of paid sick leave upon date of hire. Refreshes each calendar year. Unused balance will carry over each year up to a maximum cap of 112 hours.
Paid parental leave
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Financial planning and group legal
Voluntary benefits including auto, homeowner and pet insurance
As a world leader in cloud solutions, Oracle uses tomorrow’s technology to tackle today’s problems. True innovation starts with diverse perspectives and various abilities and backgrounds.
When everyone’s voice is heard, we’re inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. It’s why we’re committed to expanding our inclusive workforce that promotes diverse insights and perspectives.
We’ve partnered with industry-leaders in almost every sector—and continue to thrive after 40+ years of change by operating with integrity.
Oracle careers open the door to global opportunities where work-life balance flourishes. We offer a highly competitive suite of employee benefits designed on the principles of parity and consistency. We put our people first with flexible medical, life insurance and retirement options. We also encourage employees to give back to their communities through our volunteer programs.
We’re committed to including people with disabilities at all stages of the employment process. If you require accessibility assistance or accommodation for a disability at any point, let us know by calling +1 888 404 2494, option one.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer*. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans’ status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.
* Which includes being a United States Affirmative Action Employer