VMware Senior Member of Technical Staff - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Helena, Montana
VMware’s vRealize Automation (vRA) team is looking for a Software Engineer who will be responsible for the design and development of the next generation of VMware’s multi-cloud management product. vRA engineers work with a broad range of state-of-the-art technologies, programming languages and open-source frameworks to build VMware’s best-in-class products for the cloud.
In this role you will:
· Design and develop features for VMware’s multi-cloud management products.
· Build micro-services for distributed applications and develop a keen understanding of cloud architectures.
· Be a part of and contribute to development of a SaaS cloud management solution that works across any cloud and any application.
· Work with architects and other senior technical leads, in the development of software components.
· Work closely with other team members in a geographically dispersed team using Agile methodologies.
· Demonstrate commitment to product quality and improving customer experience.
· Bring your cloud/SaaS experience to drive a culture of creativity and excellence through technical innovations and attention to quality and professionalism.
What you Bring:
· 4 plus years of experience developing scalable and load intensive SaaS and cloud applications
· Deep understanding of cloud architectures and micro-services
· Excellent programming skills in Java
· Experience in writing Unit, Integration and Automation tests for features under development.
· Hands-on experience in working with Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure or GCP
· BS or MS in Computer Science
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: Software Engineering
Experience: Manager and Professional
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-06-08
Cloud Management: VMware’s Cloud Management team delivers vRealize Suite, a solution that’s essential to accelerating our customers’ journey to digital transformation. It’s our market-leading, state-of-the-art cloud management platform designed to deliver and manage IT services across private, public, and hybrid clouds. VRealize Suite is an integrated, comprehensive solution that meets the challenge of managing a cloud infrastructure from a single pane of glass. We’re changing the way users design, build, view, and manage public and private clouds, and enabling them to run with optimal performance, insightful analytics and automated delivery. Join our user-focused team of software engineers, data scientists, web designers, product managers, and marketers. You’ll gain valuable experience in the fast-growing field of cloud infrastructure management from a pioneer and industry leader.
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.