Marriott Senior Sales Manager 2 Northeast MHS in Helena, Montana
Additional Information Remote Reactive Sales Manager focused on Large Group and Catering Sales opportunities. Must Reside in Northeast States.
Job Number 23161297
Job Category Sales & Marketing
Location ENESALES Eastern Northeast Sales Offic, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
Handles incoming leads for large group (e.g.,100-300 room nights) and/or convention hotels. Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty. Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery. Drives customer loyalty by delivering service excellence throughout each customer experience.
Education and Experience
• High school diploma or GED; 4 years experience in the sales and marketing, guest services, front desk, or related professional area.
• 2-year degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing or related professional area.
• 4 years of experience selling large complex group business experience, either at a property or in a sales office.
• 4 year college degree.
• Knowledge of property operations, Food and Beverage (F&B).
• Knowledge of the group sales process for all brands and how to close a sale.
• Team-based selling experience.
• Hospitality Management Degree.
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
• Responds in a timely manner to incoming large group/catering opportunities that are within the parameters of the Sales Office. Refers opportunities to appropriate sales associate if business is outside the Sales Office parameters.
• Understands the overall market - competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc. and how to sell against them.
• Verifies that business booked is within hotel parameters.
• Closes the best opportunities for each property based on market conditions and individual property needs.
• Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
• Transfers accurate, complete, and timely information to property in accordance with brand standards.
• Up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenue for individual properties.
• Understands and utilizes company marketing initiative/incentives to close on business.
• Follows up on opportunities uncovered by sales executives.
• Implements process improvements and best practices.
• Leverages other Sales Office resources and administrative/support staff to achieve personal and team related revenue goals.
• Works with customers to align customer preferences with brand needs and actively up-sells each business opportunity to maximize revenues and drive customer loyalty.
• Verifies that business is turned over properly and in a timely fashion for quality service delivery.
• Handles incoming leads for large group (e.g.,100-300 room nights) and/or convention hotels.
• Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
• Works collaboratively with other sales channels (e.g., Area Sales, on-property resources) to establish coordinated sales efforts that are complementary and not duplicative.
• Drives customer loyalty through excellent customer service throughout the sales process. Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending appropriate features and services that best meet their needs. Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
• Builds and maintains strong working relationships with key internal and external stakeholders.
• Creates clear expectations for customers and properties throughout the sales process.
• Resolves guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process.
• Brings issues to the attention of property and Sales Office leadership team as appropriate.
For New York City, Westchester County, NY & Jersey City, NJ applicants only: The hourly pay range for this position is $32.58 to $57.57 and offers health care benefits, flexible spending accounts, 401(k) plan, accrued paid time off (including sick leave where applicable), life insurance, disability coverage, other life and work wellness benefits and may include incentive compensation. Benefits and incentive compensation may be subject to generally applicable eligibility, waiting period, contribution, and other requirements and conditions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law. Marriott International considers for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.