Marriott Senior Software Engineer, Revenue Optimization in Helena, Montana
Job Number 23199256
Job Category Information Technology
Location Marriott International HQ, 7750 Wisconsin Avenue, Bethesda, Maryland, United States
Located Remotely? Y
Position Type Management
Education and Experience
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, Information Technology, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years of experience in software development, with experience in Java/JEE development
• 4+ years of experience with Microservice development and architectures (Java, SpringBoot, JPA, Hibernate, OSE/K8s)
• 2+ years of hands-on experience in developing applications for Cloud (AWS, Azure)
• Experience with PostgreSQL and Couchbase
• Experience with Performance Tuning applications
• Working knowledge of DevOps tools such as Git, JIRA, Jenkins & CICD
• Strong communication skills
• Experience with enterprise integration patterns, e.g Apache Camel.
• Experience working with highly concurrent distributed systems, e.g Akka based applications.
• Experience in developing programs and workflows for Batch Data Transformation and Movement (Spark, Scala, Oozie, EMR, S3)
• Experience in travel or lodging applications, services, or operations
• Enterprise or solution architecture experience
• Experience in Agile methodology
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
• Develop scalable and robust front-end and back-end web applications that meet both technical and consumer needs
• Ensure performance and responsiveness of applications
• Design and develop APIs
• Stay abreast of developments in web applications and programming languages
• Collaborate with architects, engineers, and business teams to design and evolve architectures and technical solutions
• Take technical leadership of software development on a small team and own projects from inception to delivery
• Release high-quality code early and often using lean and agile technical practices and processes
• Promote best practices such as automated testing, code reviews, pair programming, test-driven development, and continuous integration
• Coordinate with Operations and Infrastructure Delivery teams for deployment and production support activities
Leadership & Management Skills:
• Communication - Conveys information and ideas to others in a convincing and engaging manner through a variety of methods.
• Leading Through Vision and Values - Keeps the organization's vision and values at the forefront of employee decision making and action.
• Problem Solving and Decision Making - Identifies and understands issues, problems, and opportunities; obtains and compares information from different sources to draw conclusions, develops and evaluates alternatives and solutions, solves problems, and chooses a course of action.
• Driving for Results - Sets high standards of performance for self and/or others; assumes responsibility for work objectives; initiates, focuses, and monitors the efforts of self and/or others toward the accomplishment goals; proactively takes action and goes beyond what is required.
California Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $93,713.00 to $204,107.00 annually.
Colorado Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $93,713.00 to $185,551.00 annually.
New York Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $93,713.00 to $204,107.00 annually.
Washington Applicants Only: The salary range for this position is $93,713.00 to $204,107.00 annually. In addition to the annual salary, the position will be eligible to receive an annual bonus. Employees will accrue 0.04616 PTO balance for every hour worked and eligible to receive minimum of 7 holidays annually.
All locations offer coverage for medical, dental, vision, health care flexible spending account, dependent care flexible spending account, life insurance, disability insurance, accident insurance, adoption expense reimbursements, paid parental leave, educational assistance, 401(k) plan, stock purchase plan, discounts at Marriott properties, commuter benefits, employee assistance plan, and childcare discounts. Benefits are subject to terms and conditions, which may include rules regarding eligibility, enrollment, waiting period, contribution, benefit limits, election changes, benefit exclusions, and others.
Marriott HQ is committed to a hybrid work environment that enables associates to Be connected. Headquarters-based positions are considered hybrid, for candidates within a commuting distance to Bethesda, MD; candidates outside of commuting distance to Bethesda, MD will be considered for Remote positions.
Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Marriott International is the world’s largest hotel company, with more brands, more hotels and more opportunities for associates to grow and succeed. Be where you can do your best work, begin your purpose, belong to an amazing global team, and become the best version of you.