VMware Sr. UX Researcher - Opportunity for Working Remotely in Helena, Montana
VMware’s End User Computing (EUC) Design team is looking for a talented Sr. UX Researcher to join our team and help us create the next generation of products for our organization. You must be passionate, even obsessive about creating great experiences for your users. Our organization fully supports the creative process and embraces design-driven product creation.
While VMware is a large software company, our division feels like a start-up and is fast paced, iterative, exciting and fun. Our next gen products are bleeding edge and will push you to your creative limits. Forbes Magazine rated VMware as the 10th company on the Forbes Just 100 list. Forbes Just 100 is a reflection of the issues that matter most to Americans and a ranking of how the nation’s largest publicly traded companies perform in these areas.
· Lead UX research as part of a multi-disciplinary team collaborating with product designers and other cross-functional team members
· Plan, design and conduct research studies from collaborating with stakeholders, planning, recruitment, execution, analysis, to communicating insights and determining next steps
· Actively identify research opportunities across products and strong advocate for design research
· Conduct studies using a wide variety of methods (qualitative/quantitative, behavioral/attitudinal, etc.)
· Deep understanding of assumptions and/or potential research biases when it comes to designing or planning studies
· Organized, and detail-oriented to synthesize all data collected and shared with other team members
· Communicate results and insights that help inform design decisions or fuel ideation
· Contribute to team processes in testing designs across platforms and amongst different stages of the design lifecycle
· Mentor and/or collaborate best practices other researchers and maintain the team's high standard of work
· 6-8 years of previous UX research experience with software, mobile and/or web applications which leverage emergent technologies, consumer electronics and/or mobile devices.
· Passion for user research, dedication to users, and collaboration with a multi-disciplinary team
· Demonstrable ability to evaluate and recommend the best method(s) for a given study
· Experienced with planning, delegating, and facilitating studies
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Innovative and able to think outside the box.
· Must have a portfolio to share.
· Previous experience with research tools/software like Qualtrics, Maze, or UserTesting.com is a plus
· BS/BA or higher degree in Human Factors or HCI, Cognitive Psychology, Product Design, or equivalent work experience.
Why work for our Division:
Mobility is transforming business. From the constant proliferation of mobile devices, to new mobile form factors, to applications and services that empower a workforce, engage customers and re-imagine business processes, few trends will have as big an impact in transforming the way a business operates or competes in the market. Business Mobility is the core of innovation for businesses today, giving organizations the power to compete more aggressively, increase the effectiveness of employees and
connect with customers in ways that were previously impossible.
In End-User Computing at VMware we are in the business of helping customers bring Business Mobility to reality: transforming their mission critical applications, building and managing the next-generation
desktop, and helping industries shift core business processes and operations to drive results only possible in today's mobile environment. With over 45,000 customers around the globe, our End-User Computing team is helping companies deliver work at the speed of life and our technologies are leading what's happening next for users across the enterprise.
Why work with our Group:
At VMware, we see this broader trend of Business Mobility as having far-reaching implications for how mission critical applications are built, to how desktops are architected and managed, to how entire industries build and re-build core business processes and operations. Business Mobility is causing a fundamental shift in three key technology areas:
• Apps – desktop, SaaS and mobile apps are forming a new portfolio of business critical apps; accessing these apps anywhere, anytime through any device is essential to business results
• Infrastructure – the right infrastructure is essential to establish a new desktop architecture, for running key applications and for acting as the centrally managed data, files, security and preferences that
can be delivered to a portfolio of devices
• Networking – the future of networking is intelligent, dynamic and secure delivering the right resources based on the needs of the application
We're using this foundation to re-imagine and redefine how organizations large and small, in every industry, deliver immersive, high-performance virtual workspaces to end users, with unprecedented speed, simplicity, flexibility and cost-efficiency.
EUC Design team designs and delivers innovative “consumer-simple” solutions to complex enterprise needs. Our team is expanding to help build design strategy for VMware’s end user facing apps and services. We work on cutting edge technologies to help simplify the user experience of our mobile applications which are used in many areas including mobile content management, email management and enterprise social networking.
Due to the Biden Administration issuing an Executive Order (EO) that effectively mandates COVID-19 vaccination for all U.S. based employees of federal contractors and subcontractors, all U.S. based VMware employees will be required to have their final vaccination dose (e.g., second dose of Pfizer or Moderna, or single dose of J&J) by January 4, 2022. Specifically, this means that all U.S. based VMware employees will need to be fully vaccinated by January 18th, 2022, or by their first date of employment if after that date, subject to legally required accommodations.
Category : Engineering and Technology
Subcategory: User Experience
Experience: Business Leadership
Full Time/ Part Time: Full Time
Posted Date: 2021-10-20
VMware Company Overview: At VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.