St. Peters Health System Analyst in Helena, Montana
$5,000 Bonus (Position is onsite only)
JOB SUMMARY (overview of job): 1.0 FTE (Exempt): This position demonstrates a high level of competence in information technology, specifically Data Center deployment and maintenance. The Data Center objectives include positioning and provisioning racks, installing servers and related ancillary equipment, proper cable management, instrumentation and monitoring of the Data Center devices and environments, understanding of network topologies and phone technologies including PBX management and VoIP techniques. The position works with the IS Architect to coordinate and then implement specific internal server development and maintenance activities to meet overall corporate objectives. This position seeks solutions to broadly defined issues, receives little technical guidance and must work within rigid time constraints.
This position is responsible for analyzing, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects of SPH Data Center infrastructure with specific emphasis on IBM/Lotus Notes and Domino architecture, installation, configuration and general support. PC duties include troubleshooting of PC problems concerning PC operating systems, PC network interfaces and PC server interfaces. This position will interface with third party support and vendors and attend various meetings related to computer technology. They will assist in researching, proposing and implementing new technologies and provide training, as needed.
Major duties include, but are not limited to: independently planning, scheduling, conducting and coordinating necessary phases of internal Data Center initiatives, providing day-to-day management and maintenance to ensure Data Center and Information Services objectives are met; managing the implementation of Data Center initiatives; developing and maintaining project estimates, budgets and deadlines; and creating reusable processes and procedures for subsequent engagements. The System Analyst will develop project plans and resources; evaluate performance alternatives and provide technical direction and troubleshoot & resolve issues. The System Analyst will also be required to write specifications; reports and performance monitoring documentation. This position will work with the Meditech Analysts to gain an understanding of this system to facilitate the primary functions of this position as well as to be able to back up & assist the analysts should the need arise.
Responsibilities include administration of system technology to support information HIPAA privacy and security requirements; continued assessment of confidentiality, integrity, and availability of data; development and maintenance of security policies and procedures including support to security risk assessments, the annual budget, security complaints and
incident activity, and enforcement; workforce security training and awareness; application of industry standards and best practices; and external compliance assurances and security survey activity.
• Responsible for implementing, identifying and enforcing information security requirements within regulatory mandates to protect PHI as specified in HIPAA, ARRA and ACA
• Work closely with the St. Peter’s Hospital Chief Privacy Officer and Information Systems Security Officer for application of technology functionality to protect ePHI
• Support information security awareness and training initiatives to educate workforce about policies, procedures and information risks
• Support risk analyses to assess the probability of risks occurring and the impact on the organization
• Perform ongoing security audits of systems and users to assess effectiveness or policies/procedures and systems security safeguards. Leverage, configure and administer specific information security systems such as Unified Threat Management and Security Information and Event Management systems.
• Work with vendors, outside consultants, business associates, and other third parties to improve information security practices
• Lead the security incident response effort in prevention, investigation, mitigation, and reporting activities; identify potential HIPAA breaches to the Chief Privacy Officer and the ISSO to ensure appropriate responses to policies and regulations are
• Responsible for budget related recommendations to maintain and improve the hospital information security program.
KNOWLEDGE/EXPERIENCE: A minimum of 5 years experience in Data Center development and maintenance is sought. Additional skills required are: self-starter, team builder, communication, business process reengineering, problem solving and facilitation.
Strong knowledge and experience with Data Center hardware and software technology is required. Demonstrated analytical, written, and oral communication skills are required.
EDUCATION: Applicants must have a minimum of an Associates degree in Computer Information Systems, or equivalent from an accredited institution. A Bachelors degree in Computer Information Systems or equivalent is preferred. Knowledge of telecommunications and process improvement is preferred.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION/REGISTRY: IBM Certified System Administrator - Lotus Notes and Domino 8.5, Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE), Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) or legacy Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) Certification required (if not certified at hire, applicant agrees to get the certification, at their expense, within one year of the date of acceptance). Network Administration certification (CCNA, COT-NA, etc.) strongly preferred.
An information security certification is preferred. Acceptable certifications are CISSP, CISA, CISM, CHPS, GIAC, and CompTIA Security +.
Aptitudes: Demonstrated ability to effectively and creatively solve problems without immediate supervision. *Demonstrated ability to plan and use time wisely and to effectively manage multiple projects with multiple timelines. *Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with individuals and groups of people, including the ability to persuade others' decision-making and present information in a positive light. *Demonstrated ability to effectively work with customers to meet identified needs and to cooperatively resolve issues and implement solutions.
Notice of Pre-Employment Screening Requirements
If you receive a job offer, please note all offers are contingent upon passing a pre-employment screening, which includes:
Criminal background check