GAF Tapered Design Specialist - Remote in Helena , Montana
Come Build Your Career Under OUR Roof
The Tapered Design Specialist is responsible for providing tapered insulation designs and takeoffs from architectural roof plans for commercial and residential low-slope applications.
This exciting role requires an individual who is team oriented and exudes strong customer service skills, often assisting the sales team with design solutions for customers and architects in challenging situations, providing exemplary professional and technical support.
● Provide accurate insulation material quotations for roofing contractors, suppliers, and architects nationwide
● Generate professional and clear CAD based shop drawings for submittals and installation
● Service support for the Technical Services Team, GAF territory sales managers, architects and customers as necessary
● Participate in team meetings and projects; engage in team discussions Level Based Competencies:
● Time management and efficiency skills; complete assignments in a timely manner
● Organization and proficiency skills
● Strong attention to detail, team oriented and be a self-starter
● Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects simultaneously
● Building of strategic working relationships
● Good verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills
● Knowledge of Taper-Plus software is required
● Knowledge and proficiency of AutoCAD is mandatory
● Technical and professional knowledge of the roofing industry
● Ability to read and interpret architectural plans and specifications
● Intermediate level Microsoft/Google applications
● Ability to follow oral and written instructions
● A Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, Applied Science or Technology
● 2 or more years of relevant work experience
No of direct reports: 0
No of indirect reports: N/A
Budget Responsibility: N/A
Travel Requirements: 5-25%
We believe our employees are our greatest resource. We offer competitive salary, benefits, 401k, and vacation packages for all full time permanent positions. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and GAF, SGI, and Siplast are proud to be affirmative action employers. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know. If applying for positions in the U.S., must be eligible to work in the U.S. without need for employer sponsored visa (work permit).
With 130+ years in the industry, GAF is the leading roofing manufacturer in North America. As a member of the Standard Industries family of companies, we are also part of the largest roofing and waterproofing business in the world.
Our communities help give our work meaning and the products we manufacture help protect what matters most. The shingles help to shelter the families living in the homes in our towns. The TPO helps protect what is under that hospital’s roof. In addition to quality products, we make sure they are installed by quality craftsmen and women. The full GAF portfolio of solutions is supported by an extensive national network of factory-certified contractors.
GAF continues to be the leader in quality and offers comprehensive warranty protection on its products and systems. Our success is driven by a commitment to empowering our people to deliver advanced quality and purposeful innovation and the desire to protect what matters most.