Lincoln Financial Group Tax Manager in Helena, Montana
Alternate Locations: Work from Home; Atlanta, GA (Georgia); Austin, TX (Texas); Bakersfield, CA (California); Baltimore, MD (Maryland); Baton Rouge, LA (Louisiana); Birmingham, AL (Alabama); Boise, ID (Idaho); Boston, MA (Massachusetts); Buffalo, NY (New York); Canonsburg, PA (Pennsylvania); Charlotte, NC (North Carolina); Chicago, IL (Illinois); Cincinnati, OH (Ohio); Clearwater, FL (Florida); Cleveland, OH (Ohio); Columbia, SC (South Carolina); Columbus, OH (Ohio); Concord, NH (New Hampshire); Dallas, TX (Texas); Deerfield Beach, FL (Florida); Denver, CO (Colorado); Detroit, MI (Michigan); Dover, NH (New Hampshire); Durham, NC (North Carolina); Edina, MN (Minnesota); Edison, NJ (New Jersey); El Paso, TX (Texas); Ellicott City, MD (Maryland); Fayetteville, SC (South Carolina); Florence, SC (South Carolina); Fort Lauderdale, FL (Florida); Fort Wayne, IN (Indiana); Fort Worth, TX (Texas); Gainsville, FL (Florida); Glen Allen, VA (Virginia); Glendale, CA (California); Greensboro, NC (North Carolina); Greenwood Village, CO (Colorado); Hartford, CT (Connecticut); Houston, TX (Texas); Huntsville, AL (Alabama); Indianapolis, IN (Indiana); Irvine, CA (California); Jacksonville, FL (Florida); Johnson City, TN (Tennessee); Kansas City, KS (Kansas); Kansas City, MO (Missouri); La Jolla, CA (California); Lexington, KY (Kentucky); Los Angeles, CA (California); Louisville, KY (Kentucky); Lutherville, MD (Maryland); Madison, WI (Wisconsin); Memphis, TN (Tennessee); Miami, FL (Florida); Milwaukee, WI (Wisconsin); Minneapolis, MN (Minnesota); Nashville, TN (Tennessee); New Braunfels, TX (Texas); New York, NY (New York); None; Norwood, OH (Ohio); Omaha, NE (Nebraska); Orlando, FL (Florida); Palm Desert, CA (California); Paramus, NJ (New Jersey); Parsippany, NJ (New Jersey); Philadelphia, PA (Pennsylvania); Phoenix, AZ (Arizona); Pittsburgh, PA (Pennsylvania); Plano, TX (Texas); Plymouth Meeting, PA (Pennsylvania); Portland, ME (Maine); Portland, OR (Oregon); Provo-Orem, UT (Utah); Radnor, PA (Pennsylvania); Raleigh, NC (North Carolina); Richmond, VA (Virginia); Rochester, NY (New York); Rockville, MD (Maryland); Rolling Meadows, IL (Illinois); Rye Brook, NY (New York); Sacramento, CA (California); Salt Lake City, UT (Utah); San Antonio, TX (Texas); San Antonio, TX (Texas); San Diego, CA (California); San Francisco, CA (California); San Ramon, CA (California); Schaumburg, IL (Illinois); Scottsdale, AZ (Arizona); Seattle, WA (Washington); Southfield, MI (Michigan); St. Louis, MO (Missouri); St. Petersburg, FL (Florida); Syosset, NY (New York); Tampa, FL (Florida); Toledo, OH (Ohio); Tucson, AZ (Arizona); Tupelo, MS (Mississippi); US All Regions; US Midwest; US Northeast; US Southeast; US Southwest; US West; Vienna, VA (Virginia); Virginia Beach, VA (Virginia); Walnut Creek, CA (California); Washington, DC (District of Columbia); Westlake Village, CA (California); White Plains, NY (New York); Windsor, CT (Connecticut); Woodmere, OH (Ohio)
Remote : Work at home employee residing outside of a commutable distance to an office location.
Relocation assistance: is not available for this opportunity.
Requisition #: 71790
The Role at a Glance
As a Senior Consultant, Tax Planning, Audits, & Advisory,- we want to change this? you will provide subject matter expertise and direction on more complex projects/initiatives for your assigned area(s) of responsibility. This role will research, assess, analyze, and implement complex tax planning opportunities at the federal, state, and local tax levels. In this position, you will provide subject matter expertise to ensure tax positions are optimized and aligned with the overall objectives of the organization.
What you'll be doing
• Maintaining knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends, assessing the impact, and collaborating with management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
• Directing and enhancing organizational initiatives by positively influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives
• Providing subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects.
• Providing direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of your assigned area(s) of responsibility.
• Researching, assessing, and implementing more complex tax planning opportunities at the federal, state, and local tax levels to minimize tax liabilities and maximize after tax profits.
• Providing complex technical tax research and analysis and documentation of technical tax assessments in related memorandums.
• Partnering effectively and collaboratively with Legal and Taxation stakeholders in support of tax planning efforts.
• Assisting with the estimation and/or the forecasting of more complex financial impacts of tax legislative changes to the enterprise and/or its lines of business.
• Providing advice and consultation to key internal stakeholders and management which positively influences and socializes tax planning opportunities.
• Providing support on more complex transactions to the Business Units (BU), Finance and other support areas; as an extension of this, primary contact for certain BU personnel on specified subjects.
• Building and enhancing relationships with appropriate internal business/management stakeholders to generate tax planning ideation and optimally leverage internal thoughts as to what would bring tax advantages to their line of business/enterprise.
• Serving as a secondary reviewer on tax compliance items and audit inquiry responses, as requested/needed.
• Participating on ACLI Tax Committee (selected sub areas) and related communications.
• Performing complex tax accounting and reporting on a US GAAP and Statutory basis.
• Providing subject matter expertise and directions on all aspects of income tax compliance – return preparation and review, estimated payments, extensions, etc.
• Identifying and researching tax impacts on statutory capital from complex strategic transactions and recurring items.
• Preparing complex documentation of tax accounting impacts from significant transactions inclusive of M&A activities and associated due diligence processes where warranted.
• Providing tax impacts and results relating to the business (financial) and strategic plan; including Effective Tax Rate (ETR) forecasting.
• Conducting and/or participating in tax reporting and compliance projects.
• Collaborating with Tax Controversy team with regard to audit requests and notices.
• Performing complex FIN 48 liability assessments and prepares related disclosures.
• Identifying and resolves complex issues and recommends improvements for key processes within Tax.
• Serving as point of contact for internal/external stakeholders for Tax Accounting and Reporting matters.
• Carrying out duties in compliance with all state and federal regulations and guidelines. Complying with all company and site policies and procedures.
• Performing other duties as required
What we’re looking for
• 5 - 7+ Years of corporate or public general tax experience that directly aligns with the specific responsibilities of this position
• 4 Year/Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelor's)
• Ability to work with others in a team environment; Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
• Strong presentation skills with demonstrated ability to influence at all levels of management through clear, informed, and logical discussions/presentations.
• Confident, comfortable communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
• Demonstrated ability to identify and recommend process improvements.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook).
• CPA preferred and/or Member of Bar
• Masters in Tax, LLM a plus.
• Tax planning or advisory interest/experience a plus
What’s it like to work here?
At Lincoln Financial Group, we love what we do. We make meaningful contributions each and every day to empower our customers to take charge of their lives. Working alongside dedicated and talented colleagues, we build fulfilling careers and stronger communities through a company that values our unique perspectives, insights and contributions and invests in programs that empower each of us to take charge of our own future.
What’s in it for YOU:
A clearly defined career framework to help you successfully manage your career
Leadership development and virtual training opportunities
Competitive 401K and employee benefits (https://hrdirectdocs.lfg.com/misc/HR/Recruiting/BenefitsResourcesGuide.pdf)
Free financial counseling, health coaching and employee assistance program
Tuition assistance program
A leadership team that prioritizes your health and well-being; offering a remote work environment and flexible work hybrid situations
Effective productivity/technology tools and training
Pay Range: $87,700 - $159,900
Actual base pay could vary based on non-discriminatory factors including but not limited to work experience, education, location, licensure requirements, proficiency and qualifications required for the role. The base pay is just one component of Lincoln’s total rewards package for employees. In addition, the role may be eligible for the Annual Incentive Program, which is discretionary and based on the performance of the company, business unit and individual. Other rewards may include long-term incentives, sales incentives and Lincoln’s standard benefits package.
About The Company
Lincoln Financial Group, a Fortune 200 company with over 10,000 employees, provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence. Our core business areas — Life Insurance, Annuities, Retirement Plan Services and Group Protection — focus on supporting, preserving and enhancing over 17 million customer’s lifestyles and retirement outcomes.
Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE: LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $324 billion in end-of-period account values as of June 30, 2021.
Ranked one of the Best Large Employers in America and Best Employers for Women by Forbes magazine as well as one of Newsweek’s Most Responsible Companies, Lincoln Financial Group makes a serious investment in our employees’ futures through a broad range of wealth accumulation and protection plans, health and wellness programs, and career development resources designed to help each individual reach their personal and professional goals.
Lincoln is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive (https://www.lfg.com/public/aboutus/companyoverview/diversityinclusion?audience_page_id=1422918942386) environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen included on major sustainability indices including the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America and FTSE4Good. Dedicated to diversity and inclusion, we earned perfect 100 percent scores on the Corporate Equality Index and the Disability Equality Index. Follow us on Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/lincolnfinancialgroup) , Twitter (https://mobile.twitter.com/lincolnfingroup) , LinkedIn (https://www.linkedin.com/company/4307?trkInfo=tas%3Alincoln+financial%2Cidx%3A3-1-3&trk=tyah) , and Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/lincolnfingroup/) . Sign up for email alerts at http://newsroom.lfg.com
Be Aware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities
If you are interested in a career at Lincoln, we encourage you to review our current openings and apply on our website. Lincoln values the privacy and security of every applicant and urges all applicants to diligently protect their sensitive personal information from scams targeting job seekers. These scams can take many forms including fake employment applications, bogus interviews and falsified offer letters.
Lincoln will not ask applicants to provide their social security numbers, date of birth, bank account information or other sensitive information in job applications. Additionally, our recruiters do not communicate with applicants through free e-mail accounts (Gmail, Yahoo, Hotmail) or conduct interviews utilizing video chat rooms. We will never ask applicants to provide payment during the hiring process or extend an offer without conducting a phone, live video or in-person interview. Please contact Lincoln's fraud team at firstname.lastname@example.org if you encounter a recruiter or see a job opportunity that seems suspicious.
This position may be subject to Lincoln’s Political Contribution Policy. An offer of employment may be contingent upon disclosing to Lincoln the details of certain political contributions. Lincoln may decline to extend an offer or terminate employment for this role if it determines political contributions made could have an adverse impact on Lincoln’s current or future business interests, misrepresentations were made, or for failure to fully disclose applicable political contributions and or fundraising activities.
Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Lincoln Financial Group are considered property of Lincoln Financial Group and are not subject to payment of agency fees.
Lincoln Financial Group (“LFG”) is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, Veteran status, or genetic information. Applicants are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. If you are a person with a disability that impedes your ability to express your interest for a position through our online application process, or require TTY/TDD assistance, contact us by calling 260-455-2558.
This Employer Participates in E-Verify. See the E-Verify (https://www.e-verify.gov) notices.
Este Empleador Participa en E-Verify. Ver el E-Verify (https://www.e-verify.gov/es) avisos.
Lincoln Financial Group ("LFG") is an Equal Opportunity employer and, as such, is committed in policy and practice to recruit, hire, compensate, train and promote, in all job classifications, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, veterans status, or genetic information. Opportunities throughout LFG are available to employees and applicants and are evaluated on the basis of job qualifications. We have a drug free work environment and we perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.