Black & Veatch Transactions Manager, Consulting - Wind - Remote - United States in Helena, Montana
Transactions Manager, Consulting - Wind - Remote - United States
Date: Nov 4, 2022
Company: Black & Veatch Family of Companies
At Black & Veatch, our employee-owners go beyond the project. For over a century, we have been breaking down social, economic and geographic barriers by making life's critical resources accessible to all. Working with us, you will help provide critical expertise as we, along with our valued clients, deliver solutions that positively impact communities around the world. Our professionals are our greatest asset, and we believe nothing is more important than the health, happiness and professional growth of our employee-owners. With a focus on flexible work-life balance options, an expanding and diverse workforce, and limitless career growth opportunities, we will give you our best to help yougive us your best, and together we can build a world of difference.
Req Id : 81645
Opportunity Type : Staff
Relocation eligible : No
Full time/Part time : Full-Time
Contract Hire Only for this Project : No
Black & Veatch is seeking an exceptional professional to join our Global Advisory organization as a Manager, Transactions. The world is changing at an unprecedented rate and that change increases the demand for innovation and efficiency to deliver solutions and services across the world’s utility infrastructure. Join Black & Veatch Global Advisory and use your talent and expertise to impact the world.
As a Manager, Transactions, you will manage technical due diligence engagements for multiple types of assets, including but not limited to conventional generation, oil & gas, transmission, water, and/or renewable energy projects on behalf of lenders and investors; initially serving in a supporting role to a multi-disciplinary team of Independent Engineering and Technical Due Diligence consultants. This is a key role on a team of engineers, consultants, and financial analysts, with the expectation to manage the overall engagement team to collect and analyze data, develop technical assessment reports, conduct site visits, develop and maintain client contacts, and demonstrate overall project management responsibilities. Managers in this practice generally work on multiple concurrent projects at a given time, both as project engagement manager and as team member. This position will report to the transaction solution team within Black & Veatch Global Advisory.
• Demonstrates a solid working knowledge of power generation and/or renewable energy technologies, with a focus on wind generation
• Leverages experience with plant engineering and design, inspections, outage assessment, plant and portfolio budget processes, equipment condition assessment, capital project assessments, reliability/availability assessments, conducting field observations, performance assessments, and/or financial analysis and models
• Establishes working relationships with team members and management from within the client’s organization
• Utilizes specialized knowledge to produce moderately complex work products and reports for engagements
• Develops applicable knowledge bases by using best practices to redefine tools and techniques
• Outlines specific performance measures, targets, and goals to articulate the business case for realized efficiencies or added value
• Implements project management capabilities on assigned engagements, including but not limited to managing client expectations, sub-task delegation and work stream resourcing, and risk project management
• Demonstrates high quality project execution, including deliverable quality control, scope assessment/feasibility, and issue resolution; contributes to quality review on own engagement
• Anticipates challenges, and implements strategies to minimize issues, leveraging team members skills and expertise as appropriate
• Builds onto existing tools and capabilities for project delivery, including project artifacts, tools, or processes
• Analyze, develop, present, and defend conclusions, recommendations, and implementation plans; Translates analyses into written reports and presentations to clients
• Transfer knowledge, capabilities, and skills to improve others’ knowledge and skill levels
• An engineering degree or other technical degree, as well as financial, economic, or MBA degrees will be considered with relevant experience and qualifications
• Ability to manage engagements and work streams from initiation to completion
• General working knowledge of complete transaction engagements and due diligence lifecycle
• Business development capability
• Advanced technical or industry knowledge, including power generation experience (e.g. plant operations, engineering, consulting, and/or management)
• Solid working knowledge of renewable energy technologies, including wind energy
• Demonstrated ability to collaborate
• Ability to utilize and operate multiple software packages
• Bachelor’s degree or relevant work experience
• 7 years of experience in engineering, business, and/or consulting environment within the energy and utility sector in at least one of the following areas:
Renewable Energy Technologies
Independent or Lender Engineer
Plant experience including engineering design, inspections, outage assessments, budget process, equipment assessments, capital project assessment, reliability/availability assessments, field observations, and/or performance assessments
Financial analysis and modeling
• At least 1 to 2 years experience working on wind energy
• Based in the United States with the ability to travel up to 25%
Bachelor's Degree or relevant work experience. 7+ years experience in a business/consulting environment. All applicants must be able to complete pre-employment onboarding requirements (if selected) which may include any/all of the following: criminal/civil background check, drug screen, and motor vehicle records search, in compliance with any applicable laws and regulations.
Certifications related to area of expertise, where applicable preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
US-Based Remote/Virtual with ability to travel up to 25%
Black & Veatch Holding Company, its subsidiaries and its affiliated companies, complies with all Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) affirmative action laws and regulations. Black & Veatch does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender Identity and expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status or other status protected by law.
Black & Veatch is committed to being an employer of choice by creating a valuable work experience that keeps our people engaged, productive, safe and healthy. We offer professionals an array of health and welfare benefits that vary based on their geographic region and employment status. This may include health, life accident and disability insurances, paid time off, financial programs and more. Professionals may also be eligible for a performance-based bonus program.
By valuing diverse voices and perspectives, we cultivate an authentically inclusive environment for professionals and are able to provide innovative and effective solutions for clients.
Job Segment: Engineer, Engineering