Flathead Electric Cooperative Application Administrator in Kalispell, Montana
This position will remain open until filled
Reports to: Information Technology Supervisor
FLSA Status: Exempt
Work Unit: Non-Union
Location: Kalispell, MT
Grade/Level: 9 (Minimum Salary: $61,022; DOE)
No Relocation Costs Paid
All offers of employment contingent on 7-year background check and a non-DOT pre-employment drug screening, and employment subject to one-year probationary period pursuant to policy.
Responsible for configuring, troubleshooting, and optimizing the Cooperative’s business applications, including the O365 and NISC platforms, and any additional applications as deemed necessary. Will evaluate and verify the capabilities of O365 and NISC platform applications, serving as the Cooperative subject matter expert on these applications and will provide training to end users to reach proficiency in applications. Will maintain application systems documentation and training resources and will assist the IT Supervisor, project sponsor, and/or committee by providing administrative support and coordination. Responsible for configuring applications to automate the records retention procedures required by Administrative Policy GM 610 Records Retention Appendix retention schedules.
REASONABLE ACCOMMODATIONS STATEMENT
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily. Upon request, reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. O365 Platform products SharePoint sites, Teams, Power Automate, and OneDrive:
a. Administer the Sharepoint sites for all employees, trustees and external partners/vendors and coordinate problem resolutions.
b. Assist with the design, creation and management of SharePoint department sites, document libraries, lists and forms, site collections, and storage limits.
c. Create customized processes to streamline information using PowerAutomate, and SharePoint Lists, including automation scripting (PowerShell).
d. Administer authorizations and the security of departmental SharePoint sites and document libraries.
e. Provide regular group and individual training on SharePoint, Teams, and OneDrive features in coordination with continuous O365 updates.
f. Create and provide reports and information from SharePoint for Cooperative departments and employees as requested.
2. NISC Platform
a. Serve as the Cooperative subject matter expert on NISC Vault, Financials, Service, Appsuite, Messenger, and other modules as determined.
b. Administer central functions such as security roles, features impacting multiple workgroups or departments, and updates.
3. Records Retention:
a. Work with Enterprise Cloud Specialist to ensure records retention procedures follow the requirements set forth in Administrative Policy GM 610 Records Retention and address reported non-compliance.
b. Deliver training, advice and support for Administrative Policy GM 610 Records Retention and any other records and information management system to ensure maximum benefit to the Cooperative and its employees in conjunction with IT Supervisor.
c. Maintain strict confidentiality of all records, documents, and system users at all times.
4. Special Projects and Programs:
a. As directed, assist committees in implementing special projects or programs and facilitate the functional transition from the committee to the appropriate department.
b. Assist in cross-departmental projects in conjunction to NISC and O365 Platforms.
c. Provide functional administration support to other SaaS systems as directed.
d. Ensure the timely flow of information to applicable departments and management related to the special projects and programs.
5. Monitor the IT Help Desk as needed; respond to and document solutions associated with end-user requests for assistance on a variety of technology use topics.
6. Participate in professional meetings, user groups, conferences, and training seminars. Review technical publications and participate in professional societies as a means of staying informed of changes and trends in application.
7. Maintain ongoing communication with supervisor regarding major projects, situations requiring immediate attention, problems/concerns, etc.
8. Always assist members/vendors/employees and the general public in a courteous and professional manner ensuring their continued satisfaction with the Cooperative. Work in harmony and show respect to all fellow employees in order to promote an effective and pleasant working environment.
9. In pursuit of zero workplace incidents, promote and maintain a positive safety culture while adhering to all applicable policies outlined in the Safety Handbook. Report all incidents and potential safety hazards in a timely manner to supervisor or Safety Resource Officer.
10. Become familiar with and keep current with Cooperative objectives and applicable policies.
11. Performs other duties as assigned by management applying the same skill and enthusiasm as with regularly assigned responsibilities.
MINIMUM POSITION QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Associate degree in computer science, business, or related field is required, and a bachelor’s degree is preferred.
Job Related Experience: 2 years of enterprise application administration is required with Associate degree. Experience with Office 365 and/or NISC administration in a business-critical environment is preferred.
Preferred Experience: Demonstrated business analysis and project management experience within an electric utility is preferred.
Computer Skills: Must be proficient with Microsoft Office 365 applications. Experience with NISC is preferred.
Certificates & Licenses: None required. Microsoft O365 Certification Preferred.
• Able to work 40 hours a week, with additional time as required.
• Must present a professional appearance at all times.
• Must have a valid driver’s license and be insurable to drive FEC vehicles
• Must have excellent member relations/service skills and be able to relate one-on-one and in group situations; needs to be a team player and able to work with all types of people.
• Must be self-directed and motivated to get things done quickly and without direct supervision.
• Effective verbal communications including public speaking skills are imperative.
• Community involvement is encouraged; be willing to be involved in industry related activities.
• Able to travel occasionally out-of-area and overnight.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS (Based on an 8 hour work day)
Stand F (Frequently)
Walk F (Frequently)
Sit F (Frequently)
Handling / Grasping F (Frequently)
Reach Outward F (Frequently)
Reach Above Shoulder R (Rarely)
Climb R (Rarely)
Crawl R (Rarely)
Squat or Kneel R (Rarely)
Bend R (Rarely)
Drive O (Occasionally)
10 lbs or less O (Occasionally)
11-25 lbs R (Rarely)
26-50 lbs N (Not Applicable)
51-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
10 lbs or less N (Not Applicable)
11-25 lbs N (Not Applicable)
26-50 lbs N (Not Applicable)
51-100 lbs N (Not Applicable)
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this position
Position requires this activity up to 5% of the time (0 - 2 hrs/day)
Position requires this activity up to 6% - 33% of the time (2 - 4 hrs/day)
Position requires this activity from 34% - 66% of the time (4 - 6 hrs/day)
Position requires this activity more than 66% of the time (8+ hrs/day)
Will be working mostly indoors on premises.