Immanuel Lutheran Communities Assistant Teacher- Growing Roots Early Learning Center in Kalispell, Montana
The individual in this role should be good at assisting with instructions and caring for young children, have a solid knowledge of child development, an engaging and energizing disposition, as well as strong organizational, and problem solving skills. This position requires a person who enjoys working with children that respects their unique nature and provide a nurturing environment, have a vibrant personality, strong communication skills and be willing to be a part of the community.
The ideal candidate will be committed to building deep relationships with their students and use knowledge to develop and execute an emergent agenda that captures students’ curiosity and love for learning. Through innovative project-based learning, social-emotional lessons and discussion, and purposeful play, the Assistant Preschool Teacher will create a joyful, cooperative environment.
The Assistant Teacher will assist the lead teacher in setting up and maintaining the classroom according to state, STARS and curricular standards. The Assistant Teacher will also oversee the classroom operations and substitute for the lead teacher on occasion as needed.
· Ability to maintain the quality of the programs
· Demonstrated ability to work as a team, verbally communicate with both adults and children
· Demonstrated ability to use good judgment and remain calm in difficult situations
· Demonstrated ability to learn and apply licensing, STARS, and health standards
· Ability to understand acceptable early childhood practices and the stages of child development and implement acceptable positive behavior guidance techniques
· Ability to follow instructions and demonstrate accurate record keeping, time management and multi-tasking skills
· Ability to accept constructive criticism and make adjustment as needed
· Ability to lift and carry infants, young toddlers, toy tubs and laundry bags on a regular basis, which requires mobility and physical demands
· Ability to bend, kneel, crawl, sit in low chairs and on the floor for extended periods of time, which requires mobility and physical demands
· Ability to clean indoors and maintain outdoors by raking and sweeping, which requires mobility and physical demands
Minimum Required Experience
· High School diploma and (2) years’ related experience in a licensed child care facility.
· Meet licensing requirements for immunizations (being immunized against MMR and a Dtap/TD booster in the past 10 years).
· First Aid / CPR Certified in Infant/Child/Adult, or ability to become certified immediately upon hire.
· Subject to a minimum of 16 hours of Early Childhood training annually.
· Early Childhood Education Degree
· Knowledge of NAEYC Accreditation Standards and Code of Ethics
· Knowledge of STARS policies, practices and procedures including meal preparation and service