Marsh & McLennan Cos Claims Examiner in Kalispell, Montana
Torrent Technologies seeks candidates for an exciting opening in the Kalispell, MT location for a Claims Examiner
What can you expect?
* Thisis a highly visible position in our flood claims department where you will be supporting our clients.
* In the first 30/60 days, you can expect to have one to one training to gain knowledge of the business and how we operate. Learning about flood insurance and claims. Learning the systems we use will be essential. You can expect to get acquainted with the teamand by 90 days you can expect to be closing claims.
* Work an 8 hour shift between the operation hours of 6 am - 6 pm Monday - Frida y
* You would be joining a team of highly motivated and knowledgeable individuals
* Obtain an ANFI designation and Federal Adjuster Authorization Certification
What is in it for you?
* Work for a global company with a strong brand and strong results to match
* Culture of internal mobility, collaboration and valued partnership with HR from the business.
* Employee Resource Groups which provide access to leaders, relevant volunteer and mentoring opportunities and interactions with counterparts in industry groups and client organizations
* Competitive pay (salary and bonus potential), Full benefits package - starting day one (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, generous 401k match).
* Flexible work opportunities for work/life balance
* Tuition Reimbursement plan per year and participation in our Employee Stock Purchase Plan
We will count on you to:
* Handle non-routine complex issues pertaining to claims complications and claims processes, escalating where necessary, to ensure application of pertinent policy and action calculation of claims rates.
* Review claim reports of high complexity to ensure accurate records are produced and distributed.
* Distribute new claim notifications and updates to the team in order to ensure information shared is consistent and clear.
* Ensure incoming documentation from clients and underwriters, guidance and feedback to colleagues are filed to keep documentation organized.
* Inspect receipt of documentation by mail or phone to ensure operational excellence and to maintain ongoing and professional communication with insurers, clients, and underwriters to ensure that client and insurer-related materials are catalogued, distributed, and readily available to the team.
* Review high volume of claim information on appropriate claim application(s) and ensure compliance with any local service standards to maintain accurate records for Claims Advisory.
* Create standard templates for insurance claims forms and review templates for effectiveness to ensure support staff produce consistent deliverables.
* Check claim files and ensures files with missing information are properly flagged and follow up correspondence is sent to insured or other involved persons for missing or supplemental information.
* Identify potential policies and coverages for incoming claims, performing independent research to seek validation or clarification where necessary to add advantage to Claims Advisory and support claims analysts.
What you need to have:
* High School Diploma or GED
* 2+ years of property and casualty claims experience
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite tools
* Ability to work over-time, based on seasonal business needs
* Professional phone skill set
* Excellent verbal and written communication skill set
* Ability to problem solve
* Ability to obtain information from multiple sources and assimilate data.
* Strong attention to detail.
What makes you stand out :
* A college degree
* Flood insurance experience, highly desirable
* General construction knowledge
* ANFI designation
* Being an NFIP Authorized Adjuster
Marsh is the world's leading insurance broker and risk adviser. With over 35,000 colleagues operating in more than 130 countries, Marsh serves commercial and individual clients with data driven risk solutions and advisory services. Marsh is a business of Marsh & McLennan Companies (NYSE: MMC), the leading global professional services firm in the areas of risk, strategy and people. With annual revenue approaching US $17 billion and 76,000 colleagues worldwide, MMC helps clients navigate an increasingly dynamic and complex environment through four market-leading businesses: Marsh, Guy Carpenter, Mercer, and Oliver Wyman. Foll ow Marsh on Twitter @MarshGlobal; LinkedIn; Facebook; and YouTube , or subscribe to BRINK .
Marsh & McLennan Companies and its Affiliates are EOE Minority/Female/Disability/Vet/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity employers.
Claims Adjustments, Business Administration, Team Management, Insurance Underwriting, Contract Preparation, Staff Management, Insurance Industry Knowledge, Settlement Negotiation, Estimating, Negotiation Skills, Claims Support, Workers' Compensation, Claims Processing, Liability and Compensation Assessment, Claims Knowledge